smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. and we have new player in town - squirgle - just keep an eye on him - i found he was " searching " stuff - and currently lives ( builds stuff ) next to me
  2. I would love to go there, but I live in server 4 :(
  3. i live smp4 too but - i make visits at smp7 :)

if i need stuff what i can't obtain in 1 hour, i will go smp4 and make some shoppity shopping and then use the /vault
    voilá ( it is requested that you need to be also in smp7 town )
  4. I've seen Creepers (and other mobs) wondering around town at night in places that are fully-lit. I don't know how they could have spawned there, they must have wandered in from the outskirts of town.
  5. I agree with Lux. My res is on SMP2. It is better to live in the wild on a different server from where your residence is, I think. Then you have access to your home and to your home in the wilderness.
  6. I kinda have the lovely ability to live on both smp2 and smp7. (and utopia)
    If anyone would like some temporary storage on my smp7 res, lemme know and I'll see what I can do :D

Also I should officially introduce myself to the community: I'm Virstis and am building the massive floating dirt continent thingy south of the outpost!

Continent.jpg

The section highlighted in green is what I'm currently filling (the red is a dirt outline). Help is highly appreciated, but be aware that mobs can spawn up there at night, so be careful, especially when over land.

When filled, I will start stylizing each section like a different biome (I might also need the continent down a few layers), and letting people settle up there as well! :p
  7. Hi Virstis,

I must admit we had no idea of the scale you intended for your floating island (continent). This would explain your insatiable desire for dirt.
  8. I admit to having searched a few things myself: so many juicy chests to peek in :p
  9. Would you mind if i removed the sand part beneath the structure?
  10. Well um....you can try..... :p
  11. I was wonder what was going on there with grid system in the air
  12. You've never seen my ultimate mining efficiency. Well, that, or i just spend too much time at minecraft....
  13. Welcome Philovanrood and thanks for solving the mystery of "what is that big thing over there?" :)
  14. Yay. WE HAVE A NAME:
    The winner is:
    Last Light Outpost
    So congratulations to Eclipsys. I will get the 3000r prize to you asap
  15. We got a nice donation from oidking. He gave lots of brewing materials (blaze rods) and coal.
    Thank you!
    I put them in a locked chest downstairs. Just ask me if you need some.
  16. Yay! The true thing i need are reagents like glistering melons and stuff
  17. i can get some of those too just put in a request for items you need and ill do my best to bring them to the colony
  18. A couple weeks ago, I built a small nether wart farm right behind the nether portal in the nether. But when I went back to check on it a few days ago, it was gone :(. We should really have a nether wart farm somewhere (if there isn't one there already).
  19. I used some coal and put some more torches in the village to keep the creeper count low. If you find some new torches on your property it was probably me. Feel free to take them down but please put some light source there. I also fixed some holes exploded creepers left behind as good as I could.

There still seem to be creeper spawn areas tho.
    My theory is: Dark rooftops. There are some big buildings with dark rooftops. My bet is creepers will spawn up there and jump down when you walk by. We should fix those soon too to keep the deser village aka Little Oslo as safe as possible. Let's put some more light to the Last Light Outpost!
  20. Now that we have a name for the thing it is time to get more professional!
    Just kidding ;)
    But the lots of new members made this thread really hard to read. Time to outsource some stuff.

We are working on our FAQ and some other stuff on our new Google Doc. It is much easier to maintain the member list and other things there than on a forum which is meant for discussing things.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zask-iwWnXY7WRFj9RtSLkvaIm2fdnTf0ApF8c6UU8g/edit

Anyone can edit. Go ahead and make the FAQ better!
    There is a section to show off your stuff too which I think could be a nice idea. Screenshots on the thread often get buried fast in the discussion.
    I made a sample entry for my bathhouse to see what it could look like.