SMP2 Community Funded Museum

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by americandude00, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Do You Collect Promos?

Yes 23 vote(s) 79.3%
No 6 vote(s) 20.7%
  1. The SMP2 museum has been continuing in its construction but has now reached a point where we're looking for people to either lend or donate promotional items to help make a fun educational place where new players can learn of the history of EMC. The museum is currently located in SMP2 at /v 3536 or /v americandude00-2. I really hope to see you guys come check out the structure in its current form but I need to warn you though, that it isn't currently open to the public and doesn't have anything currently to display. Out front located in front of the res spawn point is a donation hopper which would be awesome if anyone who was hoping to donate, could donate via that method. If you hope to be commemorated at our official firework show/opening of the museum then you can also put a book signed by yourself in the hopper that explained what you've donated so we can put your name on the donation board and have you recognized. Another big thing for us since this is a EMC community funded project is, we need financial assistance so if you were hoping to donate via rupee's please direct that to, americandude00.

Museum Located At: SMP2 /v 3536

2. Why don't you buy the promos?
    ShelLuser and WitherDoggie like this.
  3. Financially i'm not in the best state right now, but I also want to emphasize this as a community project which in the future I hope to have drop parties there often as a way to represent that this was a community funded project so we want to giveback to the people that made it possible.
  4. I'm glad I donated to this; sounds like a fun project! :)
  5. Then a museum is not a project for you
  6. I doubt people are just going to donate promos (mainly the rare and expensive ones). What if you go derelict/get banned? All those donations/promos would be lost. I would get some rupees by farming up items and then selling them and buy the promos yourself.
    UltiPig and _Rem__ like this.
  7. If people aren't willing to donate promos they can def donate rupees to the cause as Americandude00 mentioned. I personally donated a small sum as I love supporting people's goals, big and small. Is this a big undertaking? Absolutely! But where would we be if we only tried to reach the easy things in both life and minecraft? This is clearly a long term project, and he's got to start somewhere. I wish you the best Americandude00! Good luck!
  8. I would also like to add as such a new player joining yesterday, What if you just leave and then your res gets whipped..
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. I didn't join yesterday :p I gave my old account, CURLER22 to my younger sister and this is my new account which I just got a few days ago.
  10. No, it's not. It's someone asking people to give them free stuff that those donors worked for, then claiming they worked hard for it, when in reality they just made a basic build and a forum post.
  11. Good point but at the same time do you really think this is going to all the museum is, this current museum is to act as a gathering point for putting together a small collection of rares, player heads, and promos. And then later moving towards something bigger and better. I don't exactly understand why you keep hating on this idea and movement that is currently set in motion, this project is supporting the community by soon having the effect of making new players better understand the history of EMC and make them feel more included. But also we will be giving back to the people that made this possible by doing often drop parties, firework shows, but also employing many of the new people to the server to help construct our current museum and the future museum fueled projects to come. Don't be like this....
  12. I think the main thing he's getting at (correct me if I'm wrong here) is that you are doing this solely on donations. You aren't buying the promos with money you've earned. I understand you want this to be a community project, but it isn't going to work the way you want it to.[/quote]

Also, going in-game and PMing people asking if they want to donate is kind of rude in my opinion.
    ShelLuser, The_Mancub and BenMA like this.
  13. Some tips if you want this to work...

Have a Large Organized Building... Check Mman on smp7 for example, or Prez on smp4?... By looking at those you will see the layouts and how they are designed with detail, Multi floors and have plenty of space...

Sure you may not have the funds to do the items, but collect items, and sell them off in bulk... You should be able to get a fair amount of items... If you dont have the item, have a replica item there... that way you are still showing history on it...

When people Loan or Donate... Give them Credit in the item info... also give them perks (Early access... Access to say a special room....

Maybe if you can have a small gift shop for some promos to gather new items...

As you grow... Design a build that better fits your needs...

One thing most players look also at is the designs of builds... having something simple is not going to get people to donate and load items... requires a really setup/detailed design...

Some tips from my smp6 spawn museum WIP thats a 6 res build...

(Also if you can have easter eggs hidden around the build)

~Finch
  14. Might I state, the collection process has been going smoothly so you can expect a nice history filled museum. I will share, we have collected approximately 2mil assets in the last 2 days.
  15. Thank you very much finch for the ideas these will come into great use :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. As well as FDNY21 at 18200 on 9.
  17. hard to type when you loose connection every few mins... (power keeps flickering)
    FadedMartian and UltiPig like this.
  18. (See Runder's perfectly worded post)

The Wiki has more than anyone will ever have in a museum, so saying this is to "make players better understand the history" is invalid, and also promos are not very "historically significant". You want the history of EMC? It's a dark one, and I doubt you've scratched the surface of it.

Why not just call it a loan and pay the people back later???

The picture I saw of this museum did not make it look like a very complicated build, and employing new players does not make this project anymore valid, if anything it's just a way to cut yet another corner by paying little to nothing for the museum's construction.

Lol I'd like to see proof of that. You're a very unknown player, even Eviltoade's parties (which rock everytime) don't get that much, so please, next time you try and exaggerate, make it believable.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. This might seem weird but one of the first people I asked for a donation was, Nyamekye who gave me 6x diamond supporter, that might seem weird and idk why he/she did it but i'm thankful for it. Plus I have raised about 500k in promos.
  20. What else would you put in a museum?
    Wolfne and Rundercaster like this.