SMP2 Community Funded Museum

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by americandude00, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Do You Collect Promos?

Yes 23 vote(s) 79.3%
No 6 vote(s) 20.7%
  1. Man guys. You don't have to agree with what he is doing, or even like what he is doing. If someone chooses to donate that's up to them. You don't have to. But you also don't have to constantly berate someone because you don't like their idea. Move on. This is beyond expressing your opinion.
  2. Before I start saying anything I just want you to know this is my personal opinion so don't take this to heart because I am not saying what you can and cant do I am simply just speaking my mind.

I do not personally hate your idea because I actually enjoy going around some promo museums and getting to see the promos I never knew existed~! I don't really do this so much anymore but it was a hobby of mine In the past. But yet again in the past that was a different person who will never be me again.
    Nowadays I really see promo museums as a way to show off your promos to all of EMC and show them how rich. So if I am correct your idea was to build this museum and have players donate their promos to it (which is fine) but the thing is you are basically asking them to give up their special/expensive personal belongings just to sit around in a building going to no use when they could be sold for money or used in whatever way they want. Also, if a player was to be wandering around and stumbled upon this build when they go inside their first reaction will probably be something like "Woah this guy has a lot of promos, he must be rich!"
    A good way to do this could be when you get the donation and put it up for view and have the players name under it showing who this belongs to so it would be they are showing of WHAT THEY put in there and not yourself.
    Lets say in the future you went inactive then that person would not be able to get back the promo they sacrificed to the build. How do you think they would feel? Upset yes.
    What if one day in the future you decide that you don't want to have the build there anymore because of some reason like you have another idea or whatever but that's not the point here so moving on. If you did not heed my advice from before with the player names under the promo then how would you know who to give the promo back to. This would typically be a form of griefing because you would be hoarding all those promos that were donations to serve as a view to players and not as a gift to make you rich.
    So sorry for rambling here I am just in a mood to speak out and say what I have to say because I just want to make players aware of things that could happen and do happen all the time without us noticing.
    Again this is just what I think and you don't have to read this or take time out of your precious day to respond and that's all I wanted to say....

I like your idea but yet I don't.

xD I think I wrote to much?
  3. I'd also like to point out, getting to where I have economically speaking has been a good bit of work, and I don't understand why you should be able to get there by making 1 forum post and a basic build. That's actually why I'm so against vouchers being sold, they're pay to win, but in a way that the EULA agrees with, so they're here to stay. Want to get stuff without working in-game? Go buy yourself some vouchers and sell em.
  4. Sorry for quoting whole post. I am on my phone so it is difficult to select. I did not think your post was rambling at all and had some very great points. It is not my museum so my opinion doesn't matter too much.. but I think a lot of thought went into your post and showed some flaws that Americandude might want to consider.
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  5. I think it's down to 5 since he's diamond now... (I think he's been sampling the goods) :eek:
  6. Very valid point. The wiki destroys the needs for a promo bragging building
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Alright guys lets just leave this forum as is and stop commenting in it, it has really bombarded my creativity and is beginning to make me think the EMC community isn't all that friendly to people who want to make a project for the community. I am already not feeling well so please lets end it here. Thankyou all who support the idea I hope you will enjoy the facilities when they're completed :)
  8. I wouldn't say that. It destroys the point for an informative museum, yes, but a promo bragging building is totally different. You go to FDNY's museum, and that's pretty impressive. And besides, this project isn't a project for bragging about personal items, it's a project for bragging about what you can get without working.
  9. :D

Anyhoo, was curious to know if you have a preview chest of promos you already have up on the res? Or a list somewhere? Honestly you could get the majority of the cheaper promos super easy, I'll even help. Wouldn't be the first time I've helped promo museums ;p But yeah, would help a lot of I knew which promos you already had :)

Also, to save some money, you can get deco staff heads on smp8 super cheap, you can set up neat little pedestals with buttons your visitors could push to get historical information and even links to their profiles or something!

-ET
  10. This forum was just recently brought to my attention and I must say .. wow. I'm so disappointed in some of the continuing responses and thank you so much to those that didn't feel the need to step all over someone else's thoughts and ideas. Ok, those of YOU who may not like the idea.. so what? .. There is no need at all for all the negativity that keeps being posted geeeez! Move the heck on would ya? Americandude, don't let the nay sayers get to you. If you want to build a museum then do it. It doesn't have to be the best or the biggest .. the main thing is that it's your build and if you like then it's the best cause really it all comes down to that now doesn't it?
    I'm not in game atm and may not be for a bit but you may be seeing a head coming your way.
    Build on dude. ;)
    btw.. if you have been playing here for a while or just returning.. please know that the comments and thoughts of a few do not make the community. :)
  11. Those deco staff heads can be found on /v 16150 on smp8

Thanks Toady :3
  12. Thank you for this wonderful reply, you, Eviltoade, and Ndubb424 made my day :)
  13. My opinion on this idea is quite the opposite of most of the people that posted earlier. I strongly believe that this museum has alot of potential! I can't believe what some "elitists" have said in this thread, and I just ask that you don't give up on the project, as it shows people like that, that they actually have sway and makes them keep wanting to do the such.

I personally have been shot down by similar minded people, and I would like to give you a few pieces of advice: Ignore those people and prove them wrong. Also stand up for yourself (like above) and it'll eventually become known you arent to be treated like that.

I will look at my collection and see what I can loan to the museum; Expect to hear from me within a few days. :)
  14. woah woah woah calm down little buddies <3 Love>Hate
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Guys please just end this conversation, I really don't want you to keep commenting on this thread EmpireMall so please stop.
    FadedMartian and Eviltoade like this.
  16. If you want ask for a cleanup or report comments to be removed
  17. Ok
    ShelLuser, FadedMartian and UltiPig like this.
  18. I have no problem loaning promos that have very little durability left...
  19. This isn't a debate thread. This thread isn't about the opinions regarding donations on the server. This is a thread posted by a member of the community who is asking for help to create what they believe to be a community project. I know plenty of other threads just like it, and have been the creator of my fair share, including:

Blue Ribbon Hotel
    Head Museum
    Various Wool Donations for Doctor Who Builds
    etc...

So I'd appreciate it if all players would refrain posting on this thread if they feel the need to be negative about a neat project idea. Everyone starts somewhere with their community involvement and this player wants to start a neat project to get things done. Any more comments regarding the player's right to make a very kind request and try to start a project will be removed.
  20. This is already answered when they state 'The SMP2 museum has been continuing in its construction but has now reached a point where we're looking for people to either lend or donate promotional items to help make a fun educational place where new players can learn of the history of EMC.' In the first sentence they tell you what it's being used for.

I generally stuck to rupee donations because they were more simple. However, for the head museum I had a fair share of heads from players that told me directly that they do not give it out, so you could argue based on notoriety and quantity, that they are just as valuable as some rare promos. That's a moot point though.