SMP2 Community Funded Museum

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by americandude00, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Do You Collect Promos?

Yes 23 vote(s) 79.3%
No 6 vote(s) 20.7%
  1. Some are not at all debating. They are cutting the legs off of peoples idea's simply because they don't approve or like it. Just take that other thread about the hotel. Comments like hotels are useless here, we don't need them, etc. This game is played by all ages of people. Not everyone will have the greatest ideas and builds but they are their ideas and they should be encouraged. Instead of crushing there creativity why not offer suggestions or help with building, etc. And if those that can't seem to refrain from being negative at every turn, just stay way from the thread completely.
  2. Rundercaster, its fine if you feel this way but I really don't want my thread to turn into this, its was intended as an informational piece on the project i'm working on not a full on debate...
    PhoenixAffinity and FadedMartian like this.
  3. Cleaned up thread. Please, as we've stated, keep things on this thread directly related to the thread OP.

Thanks
  4. Alright, AmericanDude,
    could you please get someone who knows about your project in depth, other than you, to confirm what you are saying, then I will donate some promos and rupees to help out =) promise
  5. Currently we are missing almost all of the staff heads and we still need most of the promos from 2015 and prior, and a lot of the Halloween ones. I am going to setup a chest at the museum that will preview what we currently have so far :)
  6. BQ2003 is admin and co-owner of the museum
  7. Great, have them PM me please =)
    Also I'm deleting my posts from this thread to help clean it up.
  8. Just so you are aware, (not trying to be rude here, this is the honest truth) some items were released in limited quantities and will not be obtainable due to their owners not wanting to sell/donate/lend them. Some of these items are already in museums and won't be given out. You are probably going to have to buy the more expensive items yourself as people aren't very likely to donate those items.
  9. If you want.... You can always have replica Promo items... Dont have to have the real ones... the replica ones would be more or less in place until you are able to obtain the real items...
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. Blech...

Warning: shell rant incoming.

So like, yeah... For the record: I'm one of the negatives. There is a reason why I liked a certain post in this thread (note: I liked more) because I also believe that setting a high goal is one thing, setting a too high goal and then trying to get others to fill in the blanks is another. To put this blunt: I'm not necessarily a fan. There was a very good reason why GRIP (directly influenced by yours truly) donated to some EMC musea a few months back but only those which had already set a name and history record for themselves by being there for years already.

Which is another thing I'd like to mention: some of us have seen too many museum attempts come and go, and that is in my opinion a fair point of criticism.

Having that out of the way....

Some people need to know when to call it quits. Like I said: I'm not a fan, but Americandude got waaay more crap than he deserved, this was no fun. I'm all for fair criticism but ye gods...

Oh yeah: easy for me to talk long after the facts. Yes, so about that... A.D. contacted me in private it I wanted to donate, I said no, that was the end of it. I didn't even see this guy put up any annoying in-game advertisements like some others which sometimes annoy me but which I ignore because... There's also something as becoming over-sensitive.

But I am a little bit upset with this thread as well, it doesn't feel good, this is not the EMC I'm used to.

Dude (the American one :D): Aya & me (can't do this alone): will be donating 30k to this museum, paid within a few hours.

ON TOP OF THAT....

oh, you're online.

With thanks to my little SMP2 spy Aya ;-)

We're not done.

About cutting people some slack... I honestly tried hard to get my event on the road and despite that I kinda fell short. I'm still working on it but I also felt bad. Of course, on a positive side my prize chest only gets more stocked up. But if anyone deserves criticism it should be me: I even set a frickin' date but couldn't make it. My delayed event got even more delayed for 2 frickin' months (!) so far.

Sure, I had my reasons, but if you want to rant... meh... so why A.D. and not me? :confused:

(on second thought.. hold that thought please, lets.. move on :D)

I just decided to let A.D. pick 2 promos (ANY promos) from my prize chests for his museum, on top of the 30k donation of course which he doesn't know about at the time of writing. He picked, all good.

Just so we're clear: No, I'm not a fan of projects like these. But after this ordeal I'm hellbent on making my own statement. And I just did.

Americandude00: check your /mail, and check your rupee balance (/r).

<insert muttering here about people losing control>
  11. I'm very happy you took my suggestion (and possibly from others well) to get this in to a thread as I do feel this is a much better way to help share what you are wanting to do and maybe some of the needs/desires of your project. I do agree that being approached in game was a little awkward, though I was not really bothered. I just didn't have time to really think on it and was missing some much needed information.

My own takes... to disagree with someone or to not waning to be involved is a choice. I normally do not respond at all to those things to try to avoid additional conflict. Asking for help and donations of strictly rupees and valuable items (promos) is also something that is likely to raise concern and discussion. Donations are great, but some may take offense if they donate and find you selling those, so you may want to be clear on how you will use donations as obviously duplicates may be sold to be able to purchase others.

On a note about your time in game, not to be a pain, but if you really did own/use the other account noted, such a long term player would already have quite the available funds and years of promos. While this does not mean you are required to take on all the heavy lifting, it begs the question of how you have really nothing to start with. This just raises my flags a little.

On the museum itself... I think adding promos is ok, but what I would rather see is really a history documenting changes in ownership, unique builds getting done, major staff changes, addition of servers, accomplishments like members, notable rule updates, starting of sponsored events and so on. Promos are not really the documentation of EMC history. Having some to display as part of history may not be a bad idea but actually collecting promos is a little different. I do want you to know that the ICC tribute has a time line that shows some of the EMC history with such information. Having it all the way through in a single place and other points not covered would be nice. I guess having every promo to be displayed would also be very cool, but as noted, likely getting the complete set is going to be nearly impossible.

In the end, as a newer player also (not quite a new as you) I don't have as much to offer as some. Before I do donate I feel I need more information and would love you to edit the first post noting what the overall direction and end product will be. Please explain your thoughts on how you will use donations so we don't feel we are just funding someones personal account and stocks.
    NDubb424 likes this.
  12. First of all, I love Shell rants for so many reasons.

Second of all, I love so much about this. You are allowed to disagree. You are allowed to state your opinion, but when it gets to a point a player feels defeated its not right, and I agree. It's not the EMC I'm used to.

Lastly, I appreciate the fact that you and Aya saw a player get knocked down a bit, and you and Aya helped pick him back up. Now THAT is the EMC I know. You both went above and beyond as typical with you both, but its always appreciated from the community!
  13. Ok. Though i can see your point i dont wholly agree.. as someone who sells vouchers. Why? Well simple. My interest is in building... and though I do collect a lot of my own materials... in no way do I have the time irl to collect all amounts/types that I need. As well as all the deco items i would want... goes without saying I dont have time to build... open... run... stock a mall...

And another thing i dont get... pay to win? Win what? Win how? How does one "win" the game we are all playing here on EMC???

Just my 2 rupees...

Oop... and just got down to posts by kryssy and all... thats what I get for replying before reading an entire thread. I agree with Shell

Hehe
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  14. It's just an expression. Basically like paying to get an advantage over others.
  15. Still dont get it. I am here to build stuff. In what way am i gaining an advantage to win nothing.
    Dont care too much what some may feel about it... but I have seen this posted before and i find it an odd point of view for the kind of game we are playing.... i personally am not out to "win" anything here... and i feel offereing vouchers... which some cannot afford irl is a positive thing... not something i am doing to take advantage of others... but dont want to redirect this thread so not posting further.

And by the way AmericanDude... great project... love museums... hope to see it.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  16. Starting a PM with Raaynn to further discuss this, please remove these recent 4 posts
  17. now i'm someone who totally doesn't like to loan stuff, and i have loaned stuff in the past
    the thing is just that it doesn't feel safe because of all the things that can happen to the other person
    also i forget a lot and before you know it i would forget i loaned some stuff

now donating is a completely other thing
    and i'm totally up for that :) (i feel good today)
    so i was wondering if that chest with your current collection has been set up
    so that i can see what is missing and with what promos i can help (don't expect my really rare stuff :p)
    if you have all the promos i can give i'll donate some rupees :)
    Merek_Shadower and FadedMartian like this.
  18. I remember being approached by you in game. It can be a turnoff and I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do. Well after reading what happened here in this thread I am quite pleased to help. I didn't get to see the deleted ones but that infuriates me even more as those are the worst ones. As Shell said,

Just so we're clear: No, I'm not a fan of projects like these. But after this ordeal I'm hellbent on making my own statement. And I just did.

Well so am I!!! I'll stop by to see what you have and help out along with some Rupees.
  19. As far as I remember, Runder removed his comments on his own (not by Krysyy, and they would probably not have been removed by Krysyy) and my only comment that I can recall being removed was one before that post that took Krysyy's previous post and argued it well. I'd rather not have people be misinformed and make improper assumptions
  20. Hello! I like your idea very much, and have donated a few rupees towards your project. I would like to donate more, but since I am fairly low on rupees and promos at the moment so I would like to offer my services other ways. PM me if you would like any help building, gathering materials etc.

Keep up the good work!
    Eviltoade and Merek_Shadower like this.