SMP War... I guess...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FluffeMarshmallo, Jan 1, 2016.

?

Which SMP do you represent?

1 18 vote(s) 12.4%
2 18 vote(s) 12.4%
3 6 vote(s) 4.1%
4 20 vote(s) 13.8%
5 12 vote(s) 8.3%
6 10 vote(s) 6.9%
7 8 vote(s) 5.5%
8 38 vote(s) 26.2%
9 15 vote(s) 10.3%
  1. smp8 is gr8 m8 nu deb8 bout it 2 is l8 to h8 the gr8est smp of 8 ever
    khixan and FluffeMarshmallo like this.
  2. I might as well chime in, as this is my thread, so...
    SMP8 is the best because it really just is. Everyone can have a nice laugh, the people there are fairly nice, and we have a lot of awesome people.
    khixan likes this.
  3. SMP2 is the best because it has me :D

Ok, more serious: SMP2 is pretty awesome because we have a strong economy backed up by some pretty determined and serious players. Here's looking at old timers such as Poofasaurus and SSRC but also (relatively!) new comers such as ElfinCarrot. The best part is that we also have a huge Dalek around the spawn area which makes sure that all new visitors feel right at home.

EX-TER-MINATE!

SMP5 is the best because it has players like PenguinDJ.

SMP5 is home of some pretty die hard players and although it does get a bit quiet in chat sometimes (same goes for smp2) you got to keep in mind that quiet moments only happen because everyone is just so busy ;) SMP5 is also known for some pretty interesting community run (economic) services, a very good example of that would be /v +woolmart. A shop where you decide what to do: do you get your wool for free, do you buy your wool or do you get your wool for free and then sell it to the shop?

Besides; smp5 is also home of the old (preserved) tutorial. That should add some coolness points as well!

SMP4 is the best because it has players like AyanamiKun and BlinkyBinky around. I don't spend as much time on smp4 as I should (I'm normally far out into the Frontier on an outpost) but from what I've seen from the community so far it's rock solid. In general smp4 is ready to help out their fellow players when they need it, they have some very seasoned veterans around and its also home of some very specific malls (sorry: this is hear-say on my part, but this source is reliable enough for me to mention it).

SMP9 is the best because this is the server which most people seem to forget. They may have been added last but that doesn't make them the least :) I've spent quite some time on smp9 while out in the wastelands (now frontier) because of my (soon to be rebooted) fantasy story. Its a tight and friendly community where players also help each other out and try to organize stuff to do something together.

So yeah... And this year I hope to discover more about the other SMP's as well so that next year I'll be able to add 3 more servers to my list ;)

Edit: for obvious reasons (see above) I didn't vote ;)
  4. Have you seen smp5's chat recently shel?
  5. SMP2 has some of the laggiest creations :D so that makes it the best haha. TPS warning happen on a regular basis because of our intense redstone and our need for more!
  6. Smp5 has been down to 2tps :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. SMP2 stays around 10tps because AIKAR likes us more
    SSRCMegaMall likes this.
  8. If my memory serves me right then SMP8 once managed to lag out the entire server, followed by Aikar himself requesting the shut down of 'pigasaurus' (pigzilla?) until players managed to optimize it ;)

Edit: Pigmentus, I think that was it ;)
  9. Ugh, shel pay attention.

Yes pigmentus caused smp8 to break down, props to khixan and the gang on that one. But that is why we are so damn awesome! We break things, we have an actual chapel managed by a fellow player. We have fish! Look up at /town and find marriage squid!We have seffy! We have our sacred You Are My Wife Now fish!
    khixan and HxCami10 like this.
  10. its SMp8 what else needs to be said
    khixan likes this.
  11. The fact you can only say this about smp8 shows theres nothing to talk about smp8
  12. Don't forget about the Cami and Cutty reeking havoc too!
  13. Well I would say smp3 but I can't really think of a reason... the only reason I stay is my reses are there... soo hrm
  14. Okayokay i need to write something ;)
    • SMP8 is the smp where drama, weirdness , crazyness and sass happens
    • With many public builds - Gold farm , Grinders , slime farm etc
    • Probably the most active server on the forums
    • Our own thread with over 35 pages - i think - still active
    • We lagged out the server once :cool:
    • Marriage fish
    • Squid Marriage tank
    • We have BurgerKnight, Luckygreenbird, SeffyChan, Hashhog, Zion_moyer
    • Have our own message when you join
    • I will add more =P
    To summon this all up SMP8 is one HUGE family!

fBuilders if i see u quote this then -_-
    Sachrock and khixan like this.
  15. You called?
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  16. I will .... you
  17. Lets pick this apart...
    Drama is against the rules >.>
    What use are public builds?
    Hows being active on the forums gonna help you?
    O wow, an entire thread for 1/10th of EMC
    Lagged out smp8*
    What happened to the age limit on marrying?
    So much staff to moderate one server *shot fired*
    Ok I will add more later too =P
    To summon the enderdragon type /summon EnderDragon ~ ~ ~
  18. Let me moderate this for you:

Drama isn't entirely against the rules. It is drama that the staff can have fun with, and not ban people, or mute

Public builds can give people more materials to sell, trade with villagers, or use them to our advantage. Even experience

Being active on forums can give you more time to read the wiki or catch up on your favorite forums and bid on auctions and read Aikar's breaking updates

Yeah, more popular than all the other boring servers threads, oh wait you don't have any

Yeah, waddup. smp8 so superior we lag.

Age limit's do not matter as long as you have fun

Yeah, smp8 is a staff magnet

I will add more once you 2 add more
  19. Lets be honest, /training is the best no matter what smp you are on. Thats why I love every smp, just 5 a bit more since it houses 3 of my reses.
  20. The fact that the title is 'Smp8.... you worry me' doesn't give positive ideas =P
    Smp8 is only a staff magnet because they need so much staff to deal with all the naughties