Sky's "How to English" Lessons

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Unoski, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, I hate it when people try to procrastinate words they do not know the meaning of.
    Traynfreek, jkrmnj, PenguinDJ and 5 others like this.
  2. Where's my bae, jkjkjk182...
    Cchiarell6914 and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  3. English lesson #1:
    English (Spoken by all English-speaking countries except 'murica) = Mum
    Americanish (Spoken by 'Murica and the majority of the internet population...) = Mom
  4. English lesson #2:
    It is data, not data.
    PenguinDJ and fishmeal like this.
  5. Pronounced dae-tah over da-tah, or the other way around? :p
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  6. It's da-tah, because well, it's not English at all.
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  7. Read, reed, read, red. I just got English on yo ass.
    Cchiarell6914 and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  8. We say 'day-tah' in England (the birthplace of English :p) and the rest of the UK (and presumably everywhere else that speaks English apart from America).
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  9. Some of these lessons.... I just don't care.. Ima yell #yolo!

Has anyone realized how I always put a bunch of ...s (or an ellipsis for all of the smart comes out there)... I don't realizes I do it.... like there :p:rolleyes:

Er mur gurd..... #datbritdoe
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  10. My English could beat up your English in a fight.
  11. Lesson two has been released. Be prepared to use your and you're the right way!
  12. I think this is a great idea. Reasons for this include me being somewhat of a grammar Nazi and getting bugged when people don't type (or speak) correctly, me foreseeing a time when people are so grammatically illiterate that no one can understand anyone else, and just a want for people to know what they're doing.
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  13. "Sometimes I use big words that I don't know the meaning of just to sound perpendicular."
    SkyDragonv8, hashhog3000 and 607 like this.
  14. Lol, that's awesome xD
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  15. Just to point out: only Birmingham says 'mom'. Up North (think Scouse, Manc, Geordie), it's either 'mum' or 'mam' since we have Irish, Welsh and Scottish influence in our accents and 'mom' is awfully hard to pronounce. This also makes it a pain in the arse for Americans and other foreigners to understand us, and it's hard to use voice recognition software like Siri ;-;

Down South (Cockney, Cornish, Queen's English (obviously, how the Queen and people trying to be posh sound... also the stereotype for how all British people talk) etc), 'mom' is also unpronounceable :p
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  16. Kinda funny, I was on YouTube like 5 minutes ago and someone was complaining about irony and coincidence and then I clicked on this thread and saw that..

I guess that would be a... coincidence?
    607 and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  17. Nah that's an irony.*

Please include on when to use 'a' versus 'an' as well as parts of speech. I hate when people end up using nouns as verbs. For example, can you even English, bro?

*Is there a sarcasm font? If not please add one please, just thought of it.*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.