Show yourself! - Post a photo of you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by klamepa, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoi + err = SPOILER :3
    nmanley likes this.
  2. Since he is asleep now, here is the pic of my daughter with her father.. She was only a few days old in this pic. :3
    margaritte and nmanley like this.
  3. I actually met my wife on the internet whilst I was in Iraq. Pure and utter chance and luck. I was stationed in the Provincial Joint Control Centre in Basrah, our most exposed FOB with only forty five of us to hold it.
    I was sending information back to our Contingency Operation Base via s secure satellite relay and decided to peruse a dating site. Spotted a listing for a girl that ticked a fair few of the boxes and sent her an email.
    That was 2007. Jump to middle of 2010 and we're married, 2012 and we're happy ever after in our new home. :D

Oh, and I've no idea why, but here's a random work picture. Not me, I might add, it's my mate Dan. I thought it's something most people can appreciate. :D coxy.jpg
  4. Glad to see that American's are not the only ones who have a bit of fun with the troops... Too bad our culture is full of idiots who ruin the experience by making it a traumatizing experience for the young soldier. :(
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. Yup. We tend not to cross that boundary. It's all a good laugh and no harm is done by it, but I've heard of other such stories that have got way out of hand. No need for it.
    I think the worst one we ever did was pretty similar - tape the lad up but then we threw him into the back storage bin on a Scimitar light tank that was heading off to Salisbury on a training exercise. He spent three hours trapped in it until they opened it at the other end. He had to take part in the exercise as they couldn't send him back to camp! :D
  6. Don't usually do these things, especially after some of the comments I've seen. But I might as well get it over with.

Please ignore the fact I look as if I have bags under my eyes. It's 6:30am and I have yet to sleep since the hubby is watching Power Rangers on Netflix >.<

Edit: One of both of us. This is probably the best picture I have of us and yet he pulls a goofy face. Most likely for payback for the "guy liner".
  7. Your picture was so dark and noisy I enhanced it a bit... I hope you don't mind, I'll delete this post if you do. :) Oh, and to stay within the spirit of your post, I will place my enhanced version behind a spoiler too. :p

enhanced.jpg
  8. It was taken in a living room with no light but what was shining through the curtains.. Thank you. :3
  9. :O
    melk73 likes this.
  10. I don't know why, but I burst out laughing when I saw that ":O". xD
  11. Nobody would guess that I'm also a TF2 fan ;)

By the by, that's my youngest grandson - still at primary Minecraft lol

spies at birthday party.jpg
  12. I love the fact that not only Minecraft but EMC as well attracts users of such a broad age range and background.
    This is what fuels my passion to remain with EMC as long as I can. I have fallen behind on the passion of Minecraft itself but EMC has stayed my mind to continue being a committed member.
    I have decided to learn Java because of Minecraft and EMC as well. :)

This game and community came into my life at a wonderful time and for that I am most greatful to everyone involved. :)
    Yukon1200, _Stads_ and ZBSDKryten like this.
  13. Ah - back in the days of COBOL :rolleyes: I could maybe have given a hand but now the wrinkles would only get in the way!
    Twitch1 likes this.
  14. Thats right! Thats a "noobtube" in my hands! lol
    BloodDisciple, Twitch1 and margaritte like this.
  15. NoobTube is not a dirty word. I don't care what anyone says it has helped me anger tons and tons of people in blackops. :D
  16. TF2 is a magical game, I'm not even kidding. Most of my first online friends (including Justin which I'd consider easily one of the best people I've ever met, on or offline) were met playing TF2. Some of my younger family including a cousin who started playing TF2 at like 10 or 11 loved TF2. His dad who is probably in his mid 30s to almost 40 now LOVES TF2 and plays it everyday still, as does some of his friends whom he got into it. Funny thing is, they don't play, nor did they play any other videogames before that, but you'll see them rocking the top scoreboards of TF2.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  17. I want to play TF2 with you :p
  18. Yes it stands for Team Fortress 2, which is now free-2-play.
  19. We play on Xbox 360 though. :)
  20. Do you guys play other Valve games like Left 4 Dead 2?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.