Should firearms be banned? {Closed}

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TechNinja_42, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Post Removed. Reason: Abandoning Thread
    Gawadrolt and georgeashington like this.
  2. But I bet you eat eggs, drink milk, and that red lipstick you may or may not wear is made with bloodmeal. The leather in your shoes is the skin from a cow. Nearly everything around us is made partly from animals, or animal byproducts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, but without deer meat, fish, and the beef and pork that I put in my freezer, I couldn't feed my children. So feel free to call me cruel, but also call me well fed:) And as for gun control, remember this: there needs to be a finger on a trigger for a gun to do anything, so why don't we ban fingers instead? That would also stop theives as well as gun crimes. Guns DO NOT KILL PEOPLE; People kill people. Do you really want to be a part of a society where the only ones who are armed are Bad Guys? I sure dont.
    clan23, Gawadrolt and BrenJone like this.
  3. I liked the start of your post then it just went down hill at the fingers part. Guns DO kill people. People shoot the gun and the gun kills that other person (this includes the bullet). A person killing a person is a no weapons fight:

4. No, that would be possibly one of the stupidest things we've ever done.

Since our current leader can't seem to protect us, I'll happily do it myself.

[EDIT]

In addition to this, in the event I am approached by an armed individual who intends to harm me, I would rather have a gun of my own, than nothing but my hands.

The argument "It'll keep guns out of the wrong hands" is a useless statement, If a criminal wants a gun, they're going to go get a gun. People already deal under the table with guns, and illegal transactions involving guns happen every day. criminals are going to get guns, if they really want to get a gun.

I would just like to be able to shoot back, when said criminals do have a gun.
    Gawadrolt and BrenJone like this.
  5. The point I was making was this: It is already against the law to kill a person, whether it be with a gun, a knife, a car, poison, ect. Yet murder still happens. It has happened since the dawn of man, and it will continue to happen in the foreseeable future. It is illegal to drink and drive, but innocent people still die because of it. And making guns illegal would not effect gun crimes for the better because murder is already illegal, remember? Banning guns would only effect those of us who already obey the law, not the criminals. Getting criminals to obey the law is the real elephant in the room here. And since bad guys won't obey laws, We would be far better off having adequate means of protection from them instead of the far left trying to take that protection away
    clan23, Gawadrolt and Spenser6 like this.
  6. The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits the infringement of citizens' right to keep and bear arms. The United States Supreme Court has affirmed this right.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/28/AR2010062802134.html

In addition, public support for gun ownership rights is actually increasing in the United States.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...in-major-public-opinion-shift/article/2563304

The initial post didn't specify a particular country but with respect to America any discussion about banning firearms is irrelevant. There are +/- 300 million privately owned firearms in the United States. There's simply no feasible way to confiscate them all and any attempt to do so would likely result in a massive armed rebellion the likes of which this nation hasn't seen since 1861.
    Gawadrolt and markethan13 like this.
  7. Eggs? Milk? That doesn't involve death.

Red lipstick? Common mistake.
  8. an egg is basically killing of a 'soon to be born animal'. So some see it as killing.
  9. So when we eat eggs were eating an aborted chicken, thanks for the encouraging info. :'(
    markethan13 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  10. The stuff within the egg isn't fertilized - it never even developed into an embryo. You cannot abort a 'pregnancy' that hasn't even started ;)
    mba2012, 607, markethan13 and 3 others like this.
  11. I'm actually craving scrambled eggs right now. I'm gonna go make some.

kind of, in a way.

I never said it was an abortion :p
    markethan13 likes this.
  12. Up till 2008 no court read it that way. There's multiple cases in the 1800s where the US Supreme Court actually denied private citizens the right given to them by the Roberts court in 2008 and 2010.

But don't tell the NRA that - they like revisionist history since it's given them the support and power in the US government that it does today. ;)
  13. Okay, this is off topic but this is bothering me reading through the comments and I didn't see anybody comment on this which surprises me. We can clone stuff like corn, but there would be no point to it. We can clone food, definitely. Even stuff other than farm animals. Everything that is alive has DNA. That, along with other points, defines what is considered alive and what is not.
  14. Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, blood from packing houses does get used for health and beauty products, I used to haul it there myself. At an egg farm, the laying hens are killed and made into soup chicken after only 6 months of laying, and they spend the entire time in a cage about 12" square. And what do you think happens to a dairy cow that is a low milk producer? Or her male calves? They are culled from the herd, aka killed. So I hate to tell you this, but you are indeed supporting what you call cruelty by drinking milk or eating eggs, or even owning a dog, as those same animal byproducts go into dog food as well.
    clan23, Gawadrolt and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  15. I'm sorry you don't like the ruling but we don't get to pick and choose which ones are valid based upon political leanings. What you call "revisionist history" I call an affirmative trend. Even the very left leaning District of Columbia which fought tooth and nail to maintain its ban on carrying handguns has been forced to reverse its stance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ow-legal-in-district-of-columbia-palmer-v-dc/

National Rifle Association membership is up over five million people now. The winds of change are at present not in your favor either legally or in the court of public opinion.
    Gawadrolt, BrenJone and luckycordel like this.
  16. As far as I'm concerned, the fraise at the end of the 2nd amendment. said it all.
    In layman's term, They can't change it!
  17. You basically just said that the gun doesn't kill the person, it's the projectile that the bullet fires that kills the person.
    clan23 and Gawadrolt like this.
  18. I think what mba means is you can't clone all food, since most of it isn't alive. Take flour, pasta, and bread, for example - that isn't alive, and thus cannot be cloned.
  19. Know practically nothing about the amendments and all that stuff... but aren't amendments themselves changes, and so by definition... can be changed?...
    pidgeon13, mba2012 and kuraudochuu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.