Should firearms be banned? {Closed}

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TechNinja_42, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There has been many proposals that guns be banned and this thread: should guns be banned?

Edit firearms
    607 likes this.
  2. That may be the thread title. But even I am admitting that banning guns completely is not what should be done. IMO, this has never been a debate regards banning guns, but only regarding the restriction of guns.
  3. Oh, I get it. What part of, Shall not be Infringed. Do you not understand
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. Many arms are already restricted, so your argument does not really hold water.

But really, this debate is just running in circles now, so...:p
    mba2012 and georgeashington like this.
  5. Not restricted for All, so it does hold water.
    Gawadrolt likes this.

6. Legally restricted, not lawfully restricted. Men residing in the US can lawfully own nuclear weapons, so long as they do not use the nuke for commercial purposes. The problem you run into while developing the nuke though is that we have a fiat government and they don't follow the law, rather their own: if it isn't good for me, I gotta kill something. You would likely have FBI(privately owned corporation) at your doorstep before you were even able to acquire necessary materials to begin production. The restrictions are those done by force through coersion under threat of death. Not by lawful means.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. I feel that every rational non-criminal adult should be able to have a registered and concealed weapon.

Unfortunately, the US is notorious for it's high prison population and high rate of psychological diagnosis. For example, 11% of Americans are now on some form of antidepressant. The number of Americans who would pass as rational and non-criminals is shrinking rapidly by commercialized jails and big pharmaceutical companies. :(

Imagine a world in which the age of adulthood is 30 and by that point, 95% of people have a medical diagnosis of something like depression (anyone who had a breakup), seasonal affective mood disorder (anyone happier during the summer months), delayed sleep phase disorder (anyone who stays up late using electronics), attention deficit disorder (anyone who can't focus in a failing school system barely changed from industrial times), etc... Oh and 75% of the population has a criminal record because both the scope of the laws and the scope of law enforcement rapidly encroach everywhere they shouldn't.
    ShelLuser, Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  8. Question one: (This may have been asked before, I apologize) do you eat meat?

Question two: Are you pro animal welfare or animal rights?

Question three: Exactly how much do you know, assuming you live in the Unitem States, how much do you know about the United States slaughter regulation?

Question four: Do you know how important hunting is to keeping the population of animals within the ecosystems carrying capacity?
  9. All that was discussed within the last 12 pages.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  10. I'll reply.

1. No.
    2. Both. We are animals.
    3. I live in Europe.
    4. Birth control.
  11. OK will read when u get home I just saw a post and those questions are my immediate reaction to people who have that "ideology" so to speak.
    BlackKnight1021 likes this.
  12. 1Ok
    2 I don't understand how you can support both with the major stance of animal welfare is people should have interactions with animals while animal rights is people should have no interactions with animals at all (groups such as Peta and ALF)
    3Ok
    4 How do you propose we regulate birth on wild species without causing harm to them since you are against animal cruelty?
  13. Neutering. Heck, we should (and do) use birth control. We are the problem, not the animals.
  14. Thanks to all of you who contributed to this conversation! I am glad this thread was successful, but it has run its course and is leading to other topics and discussions. This has been an interesting conversation indeed!
    ShelLuser, 607, Gawadrolt and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.