Should firearms be banned? {Closed}

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TechNinja_42, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As kephras said and I also said before your post, that is just simply not the case. You also fail to realize that you don't know what technology the militia possesses either. Drones are not the end all be all of the military like is portrayed on the news. think back to the US shock and awe campaign in Iraq. Drones can't even achieve that result and that campaign was a disastrous failure. Drones are pretty neat though and from my understanding utilize technology not seen by the public(at least not since the death of Tesla) for a secure "frequency" to operate it.

"the government" is kinda of a obtuse term to use in such a situation though as a civil war would have both sides of the rebellion/revolution/war having access to different aspects of the military. The government as you think of it now would be gone and would break down into a kind of regional representation of each side of the conflict. If it had to do with gun confiscation it would look like the whole of the US versus about a 10-20mile stretch of the west coast, about a 10-20 mile stretch of the upper half of the east coast, detroit and chicago. so... to think that that kind of rebellion wouldn't succeed seems kinda... hopeful.

10-20 mile stretch inland from the norther border to southern border... that was worded wrong.
    markethan13 likes this.

2. Whom would they govern if they wiped us all out?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  3. Look, I know it seems like I'm singling out things you've said lately, and I am sorry for that. I don't believe, however, that you put any real consideration into what you say before you say it.
    You're in a thread discussing serious issues regarding the safety / proliferation / control of a deadly weapon. Recreational and sporting use is a valid purpose, but when you come out and say something like "It's just fun!" it conveys (however wrongly) that you don't take firearms seriously and treat them as just something to goof off with. That clearly wasn't your intent, I see, but that's how it comes across.

I guess if I had any advice for you it would just be to think carefully about how you're presenting yourself, or situations like this are just going to keep happening. You'll notice I wasn't the only one who called you out on that either.
    607, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. >Implying I claimed everyone would revolt against the government rather than just a group of people.
    luckycordel likes this.
  5. No guns should not be banned because 1 people hunt as a sport or for food and guns are a faster way and sorta slightly more humane compared to other methods
    2 guns don't kill people instead it the person behind the gun that pulls the trigger that kills the spther person or themselves guns don't fire themselves
    3 I was raised around guns since I was 3 and when I was 7 learned how to properly hold one and when I was 10 shot one and its not everyones hobby some peod find it fun to just assemble them with custom parts and sell
    Lastly its stated In the U.S. constitution we have the right to Bear arms (not the ones off a bear :( ) which allows us to own firearms given we pass all the standard requirements and pass the checks
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  6. No where does the constitution say: as long as you meet some other requirements. Neither does it say that anyone has the authority to assign requirements and checks. It says very plainly, will NOT be infringed. It gives no redress against it and no further, "unless blah blah blah." If you submit to licensing and registration then that's on you but its not the law and it cant be the law. Commercial code of course doesn't conform to the constitution and in many instances completely goes against it but commercial code is commercial"legal" babble that many mistake for the law.
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. But neither does it explicitly state that your access to arms can not be restricted (not banned).
  8. Then by that statement your also implying the Right to free speech; aka 1st ammendment might mean We have the right to speak freely, but not on the internet? Or maybe the government could only let us speak freely after we preregistered with them first. What if they only let the people have 1st ammendment rights if they didn't have a criminal backround? No, I'm sorry mba, the federal government cannot pick and choose how much of the Constitution they follow. Your lucky enough to live in a place where you can put up a billboard saying you despise your government , or even burn our flag. Would you rather live in a place like Iraq or Afghanistan where you can be killed for things like that? The same absolute literal belief in the 2nd ammendment needs to be treated the same way. Maybe The feds only want to regulate large capacity weapons today, but will it stop there? What about 10 years from now? Picking and choosing parts of the Constitution that we WANT to follow is a very slippery slope, and that kind of thought process will be the downfall of our country.
    Gawadrolt, Black13inc and luckycordel like this.
  9. I think we should take away all guns for a year and just give everyone NERF machine guns

That'll solve a lot of problems, do you know how hard it is to rob a store or kill someone with a NERF gun?
    TechNinja_42 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  10. I know, right?! You can't even pistol-whip someone properly, the plastic breaks. :(
  11. I'm not afraid of guns, I'm afraid of the person behind the gun. Where I live it was just recently passed that you don't even need to have a concealed carry license anymore to have a gun concealed on you.. I am not a fan..

I think people should have at least some type of gun education/training before toting one around.

I think some of the rules on who can have them in places are not enough, but I think people should be able to have them - they can be fun to practice with (I like to shoot tiny plastic figures, usually my little pony, sorry to any Bronies out there), when used properly.. and it also helps me feel safer when I'm home alone.

I'm more worried about the people that get a gun just because they want one.. and they have no clue about gun safety or really what they are doing. Those people can be more dangerous than someone having one through illegal means.

Plus, the person that has one that should not and they are a "baddie".. If they did not have a gun.. I am sure they would find another way to do harm to someone.

Like I said, I am more scared of the person than a gun...

;)

And yes, I own a few firearms :D pew pew pew.
  12. I saw Aphaea mention she owns firearms, so I wondered something.
    To any people reading this situated in America: do you own a firearm?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  13. My family owns like 3 or more.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  14. I don't have any guns in my house. I've thought about getting one, but I just don't like the feeling of holding or shooting a gun. My dad has been trying to talk me into getting my concealed carry license also, but I don't feel like that will happen any time soon.
    Aphaea likes this.
  15. If you are not comfortable do not force yourself to do it. I would recommend at least taking a concealed carry class, they will go over some gun basics and teach you some important things. >.>

You can never truly know enough about something.

I took a class on it, I haven't actually submitted for my license though. I have no real urge or desire to carry currently.. but now that they are changing the laws in my state.. it does not really matter.. BUT BUT If I was going to carry, I would still submit for the license, so I could carry in other states. :)

You are more likely to get hurt/die in a gun related accident, than someone intentionally trying to shoot you and do you harm.
    southpark347 likes this.
  16. I've thought about the class. I work with a guy that just got certified to hold the classes and he's been asking if my co-worker and I want to participate. I just feel like right now it would be a waste of time for me, because I don't like the idea of shooting a gun.
    Aphaea likes this.

17. The thread is titled "Should firearms be banned" and he was just saying why they shouldn't be banned. Also, I agree with him. Guns are fun.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. It's a she ;)
  19. If you don't like shooting guns, just go for the first part of the class, where they give you the information - if he is your friend i'm sure he would be happy to just teach you that part and not require you to do the shooting qualification. :) Just do it to learn and be more aware.

It can't hurt. ^.^
  20. You would think working around so many police officers would make me more comfortable about owning a gun, but it doesn't lol. I just remember how I felt when my dad took me to practice shooting about a year ago and it wasn't a good feeling. I might take the class just to learn the information though. It can't hurt to be more informed.
    Aphaea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.