Share your...Desks!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Here's mine. Excuse the ripped blinds and missing ones xD
    imgur in the background
    SirTah likes this.
  2. Haven't seen vertical monitors for a while.
    607 likes this.
  3. That cardboard box is my dining table btw lol xD
  4. You actually shared part of your room with EMC before me?!!! I'm offended.
    607 likes this.
  5. Oh fluff, I just noticed my knife there. That's my letter opener/cardboard box opener for those who were like, "What the..." ^^;
  6. Sorry for being so messy...

List of items:
    • Custom-made CyberPowerPC
    • Xbox One (With Kinect)
    • Xbox 360 (Behind TV)
    • Bunch of games
    • Minecon chest
    • Light-Grey PC Astro A40
    • 2 Xbox One controllers
    • HP 2311xi monitor
    • Azza Keyboard and Mouse
    • Glass L-Shaped Desk
    • 32-inch 1080p TV
    • Xbox One controller charger
    • 3 Xbox 360 controllers
    • Xbox 360 PC controller
    Also, behind me I have my Minecon stuff, Minecraft toys, etc.
    SirTah, DanialBuchinger and CDJS like this.
  7. It's not my room ;)
    607 likes this.
  8. I honestly do not approve this setup. Having two monitors for a PC is alright for me, but I'm not liking the extreme multi-tasking that's going on here. What's here looks like a music video on the left monitor which is fine, but the right monitor shows four Minecraft windows running simultaneously AND from different users!!:eek: Plus, Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire is one standby for whatever reasons with the Player Search System.

I know that some households own multiple Minecraft accounts, but this is an example of possibly abusing them. I think it's also a form of 'paying to win' which I'm against. I don't like people valuing wealth to one's success. How much does it cost to do all of this?! I'm guessing at least $120 a month.

Sorry for my criticism. I'm stating and supporting my opinion. I have never done multi-tasking like what I see here. I imagine keeping focus on one screen/window/device would be difficult for me.
    607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  9. image.jpg image.jpg
    Even added a close up of my Orion Spark G910 (that's the keyboard xD) love my keyboard.. :)
    Sorry it's not copied straight into post lol :p couldn't figure out how to do it on iPhone..
  10. I took all this as a compliment to my multi tasking skills lol.

That wasnt even all of my accounts, i have more lol
  11. Don't want to sound rude but, it actually could be their own money? It was probably well earn't and probably spent wisely via second-hand stores or websites like e-Bay and stuff. This setup doesn't really look all that big if I'm honest with you but, yes you have your opinion and I'll have mine.

Don't take offense to any of this, as we have our own opinions :) I was actually looking into multi-tasking but I won't be having 2 monitors anytime soon.

Anyway, back to the setups? :)
    607 likes this.
  12. If I could have multiple Minecraft accounts for myself, I would say no. I think having so many accounts makes excues to bypass virtual restrictions, like bans, and chunks loaded, for a game server.
    For economy servers, at least for EMC, some people may use multiple Minecraft accounts to gain advantages over those with less accounts. People with many accounts can earn large sums of in-game money that they can spend on nearly whatever they want within vanilla Minecraft. These rich ones could get top-level diamond items that they could use to win server events and win jackpots of rewards. These could then be sold by their malls to demanding players to potentially profit on rupees, making the sellers even more rich.

Overall, it works in a cycle to me: buy equipment, be victorious and rewarded, sell prizes, rinse and repeat. During each cycle, newcomers or poor players are more likely to demand for the seller's stocks. The growing problems of short attention spans, the need of instant gratification and other issues could hurt the community and may even spread outside of EMC. I don't believe EMC will become a major source of some common problems.

We're living in the 21st century, a high-tech period when technology is changing rapidly and transforming human life, notably by big corporations. Yes it's good to have change, but some unintentional problems to overall society have occurred. There are more people growing up with reduced attention spans, needs for instant gratification, irresponsibility, demands and increasing value for more material things and less on their actual needs. . . The list goes on and on.

Are you one of countless individuals in this world with 21st problems like the ones I mentioned? Be thankful if you're aren't; if you are break those bad habits. Not everything can come on your command immediately. It's not the end of your life if your favorite electronic is gone; it may be a traumatic event but it's not an excuse for suicide.
  13. Just one thing, I am fairly sure that a good number of servers use IP bans, so unless you were using them from different IPs ( which would be kind of a pain to do...), having multiple account would do you no good :)
  14. why did i lick my lips at the last pic...?
  15. I'm aware of the idea of IP bans; I just didn't mention them.

Sorry if this is going off topic with the thread.
  16. I would share my desk but i'm not at home atm XD
  17. The Ip ban is not good cause if some people is playing on the same house on the same server all of those guy will be banned cause a guy of his family made an error
  18. Back on topic...
  19. Hey everyone; people still want to see your sexy desks. So... bump?
    MrsWishes likes this.