Road To Top 10 [MinecraftServers.org]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *frantically trying to vote* Why not get a second ICC Head? Haha :) I really hope EMC comes top 10 again, to the battlefields fellow empicraftians! :cool: ~FDNY21

2. Looks like nobody wants to vote for the other sites. :p
    Alyattayla and cddm95ace like this.
  3. Well, we don't want to stop inviting people all together. The tutorial can be improved but it's not a stop-all. We also know that it will take a bit of time to get to the top 10, simply due to the law of numbers. :)
  4. We can get about 20k votes in a day can't we?

There are 60k members on EMC...

Edit: I want to win that arena, I have 8 sets of god armor and about 20 god apples, I have been saveing sence mob arena has been closed ;)
  5. How many of which are not active/don't play/got banned/don't vote/don't care?
  6. use the reply button :p
    NetherWorld666 likes this.
  7. But then while focusing on one site we would lose votes on the other ones.
  8. I'll throw myself onto mcservers every once and a while when I get a chance.
  9. Maybe this is too cynical of me, but joining a forum because of "word of mouth" only to learn that the members were essentially bribed to spread the word.. I would probably just click away. Just like how I never would have joined EMC if there were those "tips" that tell people to vote.

Take two scenarios: A man standing on the side of the street holding a sign for a restaurant. Your friend recommending a diner because it has amazing milkshakes. One of them is motivated solely on the betterment of others, while the other is only motivated by personal gain.

Just my two bits.
  10. With that in mind, you'd probably never join any server on any server list.
  11. everyone subscribe to as many prominent EMC YouTubers as you can to get their reputation up thus advertising the server
  12. it'll take a lil bit of effort to even get there, and even if we lost 80% of the people who tried to join, 20% of 20k people is better than 20% of 2k people :)

but were hoping to launch new tutorial within a week, and improved join experience shortly after
  13. Eveyone is so PUMPED.. Help I'm reading teh comments pumply and quick Teh hype is getting meeeee...
  14. But I did join EMC. Without so much as looking at a server list.
    Jcplugs likes this.
  15. Most players would look at it as "oh this server works with its community to set goals and work towards them together"
  16. Off to get 3 more sets of god armor
  17. doesn't minecraftservers.org reset the votes every month? if so shouldn't we start this next tuesday instead?
  18. Right and some will do that. However, some also like to use server lists as their way of finding servers. The more we can expose our awesomeness to them, the better.
  19. 79 places to gain!!!!
    Come on EMC! Lets show them the best server!!!! :D
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  20. You're still on the front page. We don't usually promote member made threads that often in hopes that people don't make threads "just" to get on the front page like this. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.