Residence Dilemma

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cyberazaz101, Feb 21, 2020.

?

Have you ran into this issue?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2020.
Yes 4 vote(s) 57.1%
No 3 vote(s) 42.9%
Why do I keep finding small issues that aren't really that big of a deal? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. *thinks to self* "Man I have been posting up a storm recently..."

I have recently been taking a break from my wild builds to work on my town presence a bit more. I wanted to work on a nice 3x3 area so I could eventually just have a nice themed area to myself in town. However, these plans were thwarted today by a pesky Permanent protected residence. (The one in question for those wondering is 14013 owned by THE_LEGEND4.) I have no issue with the permanent voucher being as rare/expensive as it is. However, it does tick me off a bit when the person in question hasn't been seen in (as of me writing this) 1143 days. That's over 3 years of inactivity. I get that he/she paid for the voucher to protect their stuff, but that is a bit annoying to me. I just wanted to vent my frustrations with this and wondered how many other people have run into this problem?
  2. I've run into similar issues before but I think it's the players responsibility to plan this stuff out and make sure you can get every res you want before you set up shop.
    Nickblockmaster, Egeau and 607 like this.
  3. If you aren't completely loyal to your residence number, you could ask SS to move your res(es) so that you can achieve your 3x3 grid :)
  4. So what's the dilemma? :p
  5. Eh, I like the location, just was curious as to if there was anything to do with it. Since nah, guess I'll just have a nice empty res near me (better than an ugly build)
  6. I remember WAY back when I joined. I didn't have a res. I was living on Golden_assassins res and he let me have a 1/4th of his all the way to bedrock to do with what I wanted. He had a shop he was working on kinda and I had this small building and below lots of farms. I was one of the first few people selling wool on the server back then (when you had to kill each sheep you sheered cause they didn't grow the wool back).

My shop got really popular and would be on a lot to sell lots of stuff and slowly grow my rupees. There was a res I was eyeing for a while and the person who owned the res did NOTHING with it other then build a dirt hut. Surrounded by him were such amazing builds. One of an Asian temple, one that all it was, was 1/4th of a mansion built (like one walled side) but it was really intricate and looked nice so I figured the person building it was just taking their time and gathering materials for it.

There was this huge stone brick castle built nearby, and the other res's I think were okay. But it was an amazing area that I was hoping to claim as soon as it became available. At the time the owner of the dirt hut res had been offline for like 20 something days, I am thinking like 24-26 days already. I was talking about it in chat and a mod on at the time asked which res it was I mentioned the number (1215) and they cleared it for me (because again all it was, was a dirt hut and nothing else) I quickly got to it and claimed it and was really excited.

I then started on the first build of my res. My mini sun located at the top. I got glass and lots of lava and got to work and that was my spawn (since you can't die in town especially from fall damage) and it was awesome. I continued working on that res and expanded my designs. For a while it was quite ugly because I had a bunch of dirt huts at the ground level for sheep pens for breeding and sheering LOTS of sheep. I then used that wool to build some of my bigger builds like Shenron etc.

My res got better and better and over time my neighbors res's started going derelict and unfortunately were being claimed by people who would build just dirt huts. I told most of my neighbors to try and build something nice at least try but most would barely build anything and like every few months would get claimed by another noob who would also build a dirt hut and that's it.

At one point one of my neighbors to the north of me built a candy land design which wasn't that amazing to me but hey at least it was something. Then at one point a guy claimed the res west of me and started building this very big intriciate like cobblestone type pyramid type thingy which I helped give him some cobble at the time cause, hey he was trying to make something interesting at least.

But over time no matter who claimed the res's next to me they would always lose interest in the game and leave and then I would get stuck with another noob with a dirt hut for at least 30 days before another noob would come along and do the same thing.

The once great neighborhood I started at was nothing more then mostly empty plots of land with dirt huts. Eventually though I got a diamond voucher I bought off of someone for so many rupees and was excited cause back then they implemented the ability to claim up to 4 res's at once (though now it's 6 which would have been even better but I missed out on that). I then waited for my north res's to go derelict because I wanted to claim that one along with the west one and the north west res for myself to expand my builds and land.

At one point the guy who lived north of me came on (ON A DIFFERENT SERVER!) for one minute and then logged back out. So I had to wait another 30 days for his stupid res to go derelict. I think I had already claimed and used the diamond voucher and if he would have just stayed logged out for like a few more days back then I could have claimed it right away but no. I had to end up buying ANOTHER voucher later on for a lot of rupees in order to claim those res's in the order I wanted but I finally had them (such a waste of rupees just to claim one more res). I haven't done much with them but that is because it's been mostly below the surface. When I still had diamond membership for that month I used a lot of TNT to blow out huge sections of land under the ground (thus getting plenty of dirt..... BTW Dirty for sale at 1215! Head east as soon as you spawn and look for the chests, dirt for dirt cheap! Plenty to go!).

I have since planted some tree's and stuff to make it kinda like a forest in a way at least to make it look a bit nicer at least temp. The only other hiccup I have with building further is that not only was I burned out when waiting to claim those res's and with server updating to newer versions and just coming on everyday when I should have taken a break but also trying to build through street level is very difficult because you cannot you have to have a SR mod do it for you. I could essentially take and build what I want next to the street level and they could apparently world edit it into position but it's very difficult trying to figure out what I want and make sure it's perfect before spending so many rupees on all those edits at once (in order to save rupees).

So with the burnout, lack of server updating for so long, and having to try and figure out all the different edits I want to make between the roads below and above it's just to much work and I am busy enough as it is with real life stuff so thus why I don't come on much anymore.
  7. I'm like in the same boat almost.. I've always missed having my original res since I unclaimed it for another. I recently went back to it but someone who came back and went diamond now controls the area which I had called mine once upon a time. I fear I may never get the res back seeing as his diamond is still active yet he is not very... One day I shall reclaim my homeland !!!!