Remember the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Erektus, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sent it to Dub.
    kaptrix and DubChef like this.
  2. I was 8 years old in first grade watching on the television as it was happening .... praying while watching together with a bunch of young kids not even realizing how serious it was at the time
  3. I remember that horrifying and unforgettable day, delivered by men so evil I myself wouldn't even call them human. It makes me tear up inside of just the thought of all those innocent people, just blown up - burnt - crushed - slaughtered. Words can't describe those monster's and their act of cruelty!

I had visited New York when I was in 2nd grade, back in 2003. We had initially went for the sole purpose to have a family vacation, but when we came across the site where the world trade centers once stood. . . piles of debris, quite a hole, and just hundreds of roses with nametags of fallen family members and friends were all we could see. I remember just being in the presence - was a real shocker of fear and sadness as if I could feel or grasp it in my gut. :(

Since that moment that has been placed in the past, still I hope for the best of the ones that were able to live on, grieve for their fallen men and women, and rise up - not to just take witness in what has happened, but to stand up with courage and push the freedom flag higher into the sky.

ContributionTeam, if you would be so kind, take my donation "to your cause" of remembering the fallen and thank you for putting up this thread. :)
    *You do not have to mail me the remembrance block, but if you should I will accept it*
  4. I would also care for one and I'm so sorry to all of you who have lost loved ones and friends on this day.
  5. I feel quite sad about what happened. Reading about it in class and stuff makes you wonder why people would do such horrible things. Thanks CT for the block. Its means alot.
  6. I'd like to buy one if possible
  7. May i please have one? Thank!

EDIT: I can pay tomorrow
  8. I'll take one if any are left.
  9. I'm a little confused. When you were asked why you named your newsletter 911, you said in this post, that you named it 911 because: "my Grandfather died on that day and I had a small surprise to honor all the dead in the news letter." You only said he died that day but you didn't say it was because of 9/11.

You then go on to say that another reason your newsletter 911 was: "I also called it 911 cause my father works at a polices station."

But wait...you said you lost your whole family in the 9/11 attack. You didn't mention any of that before and you even stated that your father works (as in present tense) at a police station. You simply said that your reasons for naming your newsletter "911" were because your grandfather died on that day and your father works at a police station. You said nothing about your mother, much less your "whole family" dying in the 9/11 attack.

So there are two very different stories here.

Furthermore, you state you got an emergency text message(?) that stated the attacks had happened...then you rode your bike to central Manhattan and THEN you heard a "mega explosion."

I deployed multiple times after those attacks because of those attacks so as you might imagine, it's not a subject I take lightly, especially not what appears to be some sort of ill-conceived 9/11 "fan-fiction."
  10. What branch, Needs?
  11. I served previously in the Marine Corps and currently in the Army.
  12. Hoo rah and hoah, respectively. Navy, myself.
  13. This... I didn't like his ridiculous crap before. now he disgusts me as man. zikko you should be ashamed of yourself... to your core. You completely ruined my night. This was a horrible tragedy and you using it to try and garner sympathy for something that happened likely before you were even born is despicable.
    NathanRP, Dufne and SoulPunisher like this.
  14. You forgot to mention all those effected by the smoke and other environmental conditions caused by the disaster.
  15. I'd like to point out that this thread is to share your personal stories or someone's who is close to you. You have no way of knowing if anyone's on this thread is true or not, just try to remain respectful in your comments.
    kaptrix likes this.
  16. The statistics on those casualties are a bit unclear, so I left them out.
  17. Here is my story

My brother in arms was walking along on a patrol in Iraq in 2007. His being there supposedly being a result of this event, however you want to connect those dots. As my brother was walking along with another of our brothers beside him and one about 15 paces in front of them pulling away from the other two who were joking around with each other trying to forget they were in a place that smelled constantly of mildew and charred flesh, that they couldn't see their families and didn't know if they were going to be alive the next day. Joking around laughing cutting up doing the best they could forget that they were scared more than they ever had been in their lives and they were supposed to look, be tough.

A horrendous sound that would completely rock someones world who wasn't already on the verge of insanity by how much they had to convince themselves they were going to live to make it to the next day. That sound was the sound of an IED. My brother had to watch the man he was just joking with... the man... no, the boy the 18 year old boy he was just joking with. He had to watch that KID scratch and dig at the hot melting sand that was underneath where their friend just was because that KID couldn't comprehend that his friend was just vaporized. His mind couldn't handle that, it couldn't accept it and for the rest of that 18 year old kids life he will always be there. He has never left that moment. If you let him he will still dig at the ground today. One man vaporized another sent to mental hospital and my brother had to watch it. Now any time there is an explosion or loud noise my brother, the "least" effected goes into a trance and you have to wait however long it is it takes for his mind to convince his body that now is now and he isn't there anymore.

So when people lie about what happened on 9/11 they make a serious accusation against those whose story is real. Not real but horrible, hell on earth. I don't appreciate it and I'm sure those that had to watch as their family burned, was blown up, were crushed and the people that jumped out of that building because whatever was going on inside was worse than jumping to your death, I don't think ANY of those people would appreciate it.
    NathanRP and SoulPunisher like this.
  18. May I have one?
    Even though I'm not American my Grandfather , uncle ,Aunt ,cousins live there my uncle told me he was on his way to work at the pentagon and a man jumped out and my uncle hit him which saved my uncle and we asked the guy and he said I just had a feeling the guy wasn't seriously injured I was really creeped out by it but I'm thankful for it because it saved my uncles life because he worked where the plane crashed so I'm very grateful
  19. May I have a piece?
  20. I agree with this. It's incredibly disrespectful. I watched a documentary on it once where this woman pretended to have been involved for years just for her own personal benefit and the attention she received because of it. In a way, I almost feel sorry for the sort of people that do it. There has to be something wrong with a person that makes them feel like they need to lie to get attention from people.

Also, I never said this, but I think it's awesome you're doing this Ethan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.