Question about killing withers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BlockHead_56, Nov 9, 2022.

1. 607 likes this.
  2. are you sure you spawned it in bedrock correctly? As I mentioned in my thread, I spawned ~500 withers at diff 10 in bedrock and not a single one teleported.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  3. Never personally had a wither teleport out of bedrock.
    I am a chicken fighter - I never fight withers fairly - so I only use bedrock stations to spawn them. Hit them while they aren't looking, so to speak.
    I understand it's possible (not likely), just possible, which means warning signs up at public farms just in case a wither breaks free of it's code ☠️ 💀 ☠️

And I have experienced the toddler pigmen come running through the glass blocks at the Gold farm - that was one of those days I squealed like a girl. And I have 'misplaced' villager tots that ran through a single glass block, which resulted in my unlady-like utterances.

So I prefer to plan for the what-ifs. A wither is a bad Mama-jama and causes more havock that the tiny toddler mobs that break containment.

Here is your thought for the day:
    (if it existed) Would the rare toddler version of a wither be in a better mood or worse mood than the adult?
    607 likes this.
  4. Depends - who/what spawned it?
  5. I think it teleporting on higher difficulties was probably to avoid people killing it in this way on those difficulties. :rolleyes:
  6. The teleporting is part of diff 8-to-10 for all mobs.
    I think being stuck in bedrock deactivates it. Unless something got changed recently.
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  7. "No Note taking Here"
    I slowly turn and sneak away. Now apprehensive of the next Boss Arena where ElfinEvilPineapple debuts the new Arachnid Spider Boss with Wither baby jockey.
    Sorry, but I am gonna be out sick that day, I have a note from my Mummy.
  8. I'm not 100% sure. The area I was using was 100% for diff 5 and below, and also worked once at diff 8. It is almost a perfect 3x3 'ring' with a single block indent (upwards) right above the 'tail'. What it does not have is a box-like surround of one level down blocks. For instance, the smp7 public kill station that does work at 10 has a 2x2 area with sort of a 'ring' of bedrock one block lower around those 4 blocks, as does the other area I know about. It's really hard to tell because these two areas that can do diff 10 both excellent bedrock (2x2 with a 'ring') AND significant spawn proofing as well. I guess I will look for that elusive 2x2 with a 'ring'!
    607 likes this.
  9. I'd say you don't need a ring at all. The bedrock trapping works also underneath the end gateway, that is completely flat.
  10. True, though I've never tried that on diff 10 out there. Have you done that? And thanks for engaging in this, hard to find this information anywhere.
  11. I have never summoned the wither in the end, but I found wither-summoning stations in the end a few times, so I guess it works