Killing the Wither on different difficulties

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PapaBear84, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What is the highest difficulty that you solo killed the wither?

less than 5 1 vote(s) 7.1%
5 2 vote(s) 14.3%
6 1 vote(s) 7.1%
7 1 vote(s) 7.1%
8 1 vote(s) 7.1%
9 2 vote(s) 14.3%
10 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. The other day someone dumped a stack of wither skulls in my shop (it has since been shut down) and I decided to have a little fun with them. So I tested out killing him on different difficulty levels (5-10) in my wither arena (smp3 /wild ne, west of the outpost). I had 2 beacons (speed, damage, and regen), fully enchanted diamond armor, smite V sword, and power V bow.
    • Diff 5 and 6 were pretty standard, he dropped the nether star
    • Diff 7 and 8 were also fairly simple, he did a bit more damage to my gear, he dropped the nether star plus some diamonds
    • Diff 9, he almost destroyed my gear, at half health I hit him and he teleported about 70 blocks away, he dropped 2 nether stars
    • Diff 10, completely destroyed all of my armor, teleported 20-70 blocks on every 4-6 hits, had to lower difficulty to kill him
    Does anybody know why he teleports on diff 9 and 10? I would've killed him if he didn't keep disappearing and regenerating health. Either way it was fun, I'll probably kill him some more on diff 9 to see if he drops more/less.
  2. honestly i'm pretty sure the devs just put that in there to make us poor members suffer more
    PapaBear84 likes this.
  3. All mobs can teleport on difficulty 9 and 10. It helps to make them harder than previous difficulties.
    PapaBear84 likes this.
  4. mobs in general teleport on higher difficulties most teleport to you but the wither is special, he can destroy protected blocks on and his speed of attack and damage go up the higher you put the difficulty. also be wary of fighting him too close to the nether roof or floor as he may teleport on the other side of it and be unreachable. ive never fought one on 10 but i have beat one on 9 diff, i found it wasnt really worth the cost of my gear
    PapaBear84 likes this.
  5. Thanks for the info, I will stick to 9 for now for the extra star.
  6. I don't think I have ever seen a Wither on EMC. :p
  7. I think you might be able to teleport through the nether roof with an ender pearl, used to be able to at least.
  8. nope you will be automatically teleported back down from emc code
    PapaBear84, jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  9. I haven't tested this out myself, but I've heard that killing the wither on diff 10 always drops two stars. May be worth grabbing a few friends to test out.
  10. I still need to do a couple more kills on diff 9, but when I killed him the other night I got 2 stars. For diff 10, I've heard you can get 4 stars, now I just need to find a few friends :-( lol
  11. Good to know, thanks
  12. lol same xD
  13. Last night I fought him once on diff 9 solo and twice on diff 10 with two other players:
    • diff 9 gave 38 diamonds and 1 extra nether star
    • diff 10 gave 20 diamonds (no extra star) the first time and 1 extra nether star (no diamonds) the second time
    Do you get less loot when fighting mobs with a group? I cannot confirm whether everyone in the group was diff 10 but they said they set it.
    607 likes this.
  14. I would think it should be the opposite, so the loot can be shared.
  15. If not everyone in the group was on diff 10 or if not everyone had looting, that would lower the drops.
    PapaBear84 and jacob5089 like this.
  16. HMU if you ever want to fight a wither on a diff that high I'll be sure to help :D
    PapaBear84 likes this.