Quality of Life Part 2! + Survival - 1/17/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Thank you so much!
  2. wow... thanks for listening to my and others suggestions!
  3. Great update! Nice job!
  4. Dragon Tombs?
    PenguinDJ and DH32 like this.
  5. It's probably better if you don't think about Dragon Tombs... then you won't think about how long we've been waiting for it. :l
  6. As previously mentioned, they are working on "Quality of Life" Making EMC a better place to be in without pestering bugs. (Or needed add ons) Dragon tombs is a feature not a add on. Anyways they are working towards Empires First than Dragon Tombs so you should be asking, "When are Empires coming?"
    Kytula likes this.
  7. If I can Wait for Anne McCaffery's dragonriders of pern movie to finally release (been waiting since 2002 when the show died before release ) I have faith we all can wait patiently for dragon tombs. I'm happy and content with what we have now, while still eagerly anticipating dragon tombs.
  8. First of all, love all the new stuff happening on EMC lately.

Second,
    Couldn't agree more! I get the feeling Aikar is close to releasing it but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part :p. Regardless I wish the development team the best of luck in all of this!
    Kytula likes this.
  9. I stuck all the source code in a secret folder on your PC while we were at Minecon... so uh if you can get me that back I could resume work on it.

#RealReasonDTHasntHappened
  10. Lol xD excuses Aikat xD
  11. Right! I was working to fix all your bad code, and the laptop got stuck in an endless loop. If I recall, it's still running!!!!
  12. I gave the original post a 'like', but after a few days I feel like this needs greater praise. These are great changes with a big impact. Thanks, Dev Team, for taking the time to implement them.
    khixan likes this.
  13. Yay just what i needed for my outpost!!!! Its like every 50mins a marlixs spawns xD
  14. Little issue with Loot Announcements and the Wither. The loot announcements only shows additional Nether Stars being dropped, and doesn't include the one vanilla drop. This confused me so much in the beginning when I was told that the wither dropped two stars but actually dropped three... then there were the times when it was "Wither dropped: Diamond" with no Nether Star.

Any chance the loot announcements can be adjusted to calculate for the one additional (vanilla) star?
  15. /newplayers

no new player will be safe from my tutelage, mwahahaha
    Kytula likes this.
  16. I'm late but... That's guardians. Not the actual marlix, you can turn off miniboss spawns in /ps
  17. I forgot ._.
  18. Well since players are bumping this and this is the most recent, the other night we had some bug fixes and introduced a 'bug':

• A bug where Soulbound items could 'disappear' if on your cursor and you get disconnected has been fixed. It will now add the item back to your inv, else mail it to you. This should solve cases of disappearing voter items...
    • AFK detection improved to cover a recently found loophole.
    • Selling items to shops while holding certain items in hand has been fixed, but this introduced a bug that removing your own shop signs now requires holding down shift while breaking it.
    • Fixed Adding Tags to residences not 'registering' until server reboot.
    • fixed dispenser residence flag
    • Fixed bug with Netherhounds that kept crashing SMP4
    luckycordel likes this.
  19. Netherhounds have more sense than I thought
    Just when you think the Empire couldn't get any better you guys pull something like that off ;)

This may just make hunting down mini bosses even more inviting (IMO). I mean... It's fun and all that you guys "locked" a mini boss to a group when fighting, but the past I sometimes wondered about: all fun and well, but after you fought it, pick up the loot and get killed, then what?

Well, guess that's no more a concern.

AND... (reminder for the others; too many don't realize this): /compass set death, is a fine way to find that stuff again should you die ;)

Speaking of which.. it's now set automatically iirc, so there's no real need anyway other than carry a compass. Don't forget about /assist new guys!
    607 likes this.