Quality Improvements - Now or wait a bit?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jun 11, 2014.

?

Delay DT 3/4 for a few more round of updates

Yes, Including Friends List 132 vote(s) 58.7%
Yes, But hold off on friends list 30 vote(s) 13.3%
No, Release Part 3 first 63 vote(s) 28.0%

1. I have discovered another bug with the player settings system - its possible your difficulty setting is not being read correctly if you change it while out and about. Fixed it last night hoping to deploy tonight.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  2. Whup! I was on level 1
  3. What? how do you accidently type /v resOnAnotherServer while talking a friend and not notice? If someone can get to smp72, I don't think a confirmation mesage can help them :p
    607 and Twitch1 like this.
  4. You want to go to 1098, you type 2098 on accident.
  5. How is this bad? Whether it confirms or not, you will still have to type it in a second time. The extra 5 seconds of switching the world isn't going to cause any problems. Maybe you will discover something cool at 2098.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  6. "Oh cool, 8 signs and a chest"
    607, Twitch1 and pyro_vampiress like this.
  7. Even if if they are just some random stuff, it doesn't cause any more trouble for you. You still just have to type /v 1098.
    607 and Twitch1 like this.
  8. You also miss some of the conversation.
    607 likes this.
  9. i dont think a confirmation is needed we dont ask for a confirmation for typing /v 1000 what if you accidentally type /v 10000? why would this be any different? the system should not be set up to correct your errors thats why you have a brain particularly not if its going to require alot of work. dont want to go to /v 2001? dont type it
    sonicol1 and Twitch1 like this.
  10. While I agree on no confirmation, I think there should be a message.

Warning: This residence is on another server. Please move within the next 5 seconds if you wish not to travel there.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  11. I'm quietly getting over the fact that Aikar quoted me.

More serious: if friends get a ping when someone on their list logs on, could we please have an invisible setting so we don't always get messaged to death within the first few minutes?
  12. So the friend lists would not be publicly available?
  13. Correct. It would be a personal friends list. Heck - to my knowledge it is one-sided. Meaning unlike Facebook they wouldn't have to *accept your friend Request.
    More of a Watch List idea - but Friends sounds nicer
    607 likes this.
  14. It is more of a stalker list.

They do not know you are stalking them until you tell them or they somehow find out.
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  15. >.> I think this is why Aikar chose "friends" rather than something like watch. Due to this link...
  16. Watch List.
    Stalk List.

All good names.
  17. Now I'll know when my KFC order is ready! :D Swing by smp3 anytime you'd like after this is deployed, chicken :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. I kept looking for a link that wasn't there lol. I think I've been on the internet too long...
    607 likes this.