Promo Video Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 22, 2014.

1. If i never heard of EMC i would join instantly when i saw the custom mobs and items, i would love to see more fun promos maybe a custom music disc that plays some songs we know of today, like maybe roar, or other fun songs.
  2. No, not the optional PVP arena. Aikar already said he would still advertise as if EMC was non-PVP. And when you advertise about things like cupid bows, people might be disappointed that they can't get one themself, so it would be better to do things like shiny flesh or other things that are not limited time to get (well, except for buying them)
    LadBlo likes this.
  3. I was still pretty new to MineCraft altogether, and was roaming servers and top server sites when I joined, but I saw the banners on a site somewhere saying something about 60x60 grief-free plots and custom mobs. I went to bed that night and was still thinking about it in the morning, so I had to look it up. I spent maybe 30 minutes just trying to find that ad again. I became a supporter after about 30 days of playing on EMC, and have been supporter ever since. It might be worth saying that I'm generally cheap, and do things free whenever I can.

IMHO servers that show off all their supporter status upgrades right away lose my respect. EMC creates an awesome environment to play in as a free player, the supporter upgrades are just extras. I'll never give up my right to TNT tho! :)
    PandasEatRamen, 607 and highlancer54 like this.
  4. Thanks Keph, I asked Cow this once, because the banners on the voting sites mentioned dragon tombs, I was like "Why advertise something we don't have?" and that was forever ago.

Found it:
  5. I say we advertise the economy aspect. Saying we have a 'good community' is pretty meaningless in an ad, it is up to us as a community to engage new players and prove we're a good community.
    607 likes this.
  6. Yeah if we weren't actually making good progress towards releasing it I would say it should come down, but were finally talking about a realistic release of DT within the next 2 months now... (the final part I mean), with parts coming in the next few weeks, so any new player can start the progression towards DT already so its not that big of a deal to talk about it anymore.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  7. good economy is an opinion hard to 'prove' in a video :/ showing we have one is one thing, but trying to stress 'good' is trickier.
  8. Yep I agree, if we advertise the PvP, that looks like its a main attraction, and its one I don't want us to spend a lot of time on.

I have tried to change the wording so it doesn't look like were lying about no pvp at least, such as "no forced pvp", but not advertising us as a PvP server.
    607 likes this.
  9. Just have 5 seconds where a player goes into a shop, clicks on a sign, and then a diamond or something appears in his hand. Then show them setting up their own shop and maybe show their rupee count increasing as someone buys from them, that'll do the trick in less than 10 seconds.
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  10. I think we should have a clip with a group (groups feature) mining and then sharing loot (community)
  11. I agree with leaving PVP arenas out for reasons Aikar said. I'll focus more on recording some more of our events though like Mob Arena, Spleef, FF, etc. :)
    FDNY21, 607 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  12. You MUST have your Mega Death Cow Icecream Thingy there too.