Popular Minecraft YouTubers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jan 13, 2014.

1. B4DMAN5IMON and THE_LEGEND4 like this.
  2. Setting up advertising doesn't take very long, Aikar is working on Bug Fixing/Lag Fixing as well as marketing, then DT. :) Not to mention, the more players the better, as it will keep new members here and returning members once Dragon Tombs is out.
    Gadget_AD and Dr_Hacksaw like this.
  3. I agree on that, imagine seeing threads everywhere
    Who was brot here by Sky? BUDDER ARMIEEE
    DEATH TO SQUIDS! LOL
    Petition to change rupees to buddar
    Like if Sky brought you here!
  4. I've heard a lot of people lately talking about the way EMC might be planning to promote EMC and a lot of the players have been unsure whether this is the best road to take and want to make sure the money they're paying is going towards what is in everyones'/EMCs' best interest. It's clear that statistically using a YouTuber to promote EMC would show results but its fan base is one of about 8-15 year old which is a few years below EMC's practical/profitable age group, also it wouldn't be a great way to spend money in the eyes of the community. Obviously from the business side of EMC it's a good move but from the community's view it will cause more problems as far as greifing and drama goes having more lower ages people playing. A different approach would be advertisement through affiliation, so we'd say that we could advertise them if they'd advertise us. It may not be too tempting for them but it would be free.
    It's been suggested that we could advertise more through collaboration between EMC to make video's ourselves to show off the community EMC has and to have to rely less on others to gain popularity. Also streaming to say twitch or YouTube even would gain results, and on the latest snapshot its a lot easier for anyone at all to do so. It's a fast way to get to a lot of people and could even be rewarded with rupees if done right. EMC's biggest resource is of course our members, so It would be best to utilize that as best as possible. We should play to our strengths the best we can. What are our strengths? Well, our community size, our staff team and our unique way the servers are setup/run.
    607, deathconn, Kells18 and 5 others like this.
  5. I didn't want to my last post to come across as being disrespectful - I just honestly feel like there are alternative routes
    trent948 likes this.
  6. Same with me, just inputting my opinion as a supporter.
  7. I don't agree on that, I am young but I have money to buy for my supporterships, and lots of members who are in the 8-15 age group are supporters. Its not only the legal adult that can buy stuff.
  8. I know that younger people can buy supportership, but I'm saying that less might be able to and a higher percentage of people over a certain age could possibly be able to, hence wanting to focus on an age group that might have a higher percentage of being able to purchase supporter. if that makes sense.
    607 likes this.
  9. "Mom, can I get supportership"
    "Sure, sweety"

Problem solved.
  10. I consistently watch about 20 different Minecraft Youtubers; most of whom are listed here, and honestly I dont thing any/many of them do server tours.

I cant think of anyone who would do a server tour but here is my list...
    • All the Hermits
    • Docm
    • Etho
    • MumboJumbo
    • Xisumavoid
    • Vikkstar123 (I watch both his COD channel and Minecraft channel)
    • JeromeASF
    • BajanCanadian
    • Slyfoxhound
    • PrestonPlays
    • AntVenom
    There is alot more, these are off top of my head.
    A few hermits might do vids, possiby Vikkstar, but those are the only ones I would even imagine seeing do a server review video.
  11. Xisumavoid has done server advertisement before, but it was only one server :)
  12. His own server :p unless he did one way before I subbed.
  13. I do not think that it was his own server.. :)
  14. Me: "can I get diamond supporter?"
    Mom: "sure, but u have to use your money, I'm not paying"
    Me: "&@$#!!!"

Problem not solved :p
    kevdudeman likes this.
  15. For me
    "Mom can I get supportership"
    "Go get a life"

D:
    607, SkidzGaming, trent948 and 2 others like this.
  16. But what's the point of advertising something that is broken? They'll leave, tell their friends that it's broken, and they'll tell their friends, who's friends with Bill Gates on Facebook, who will make the default desktop image on Windows "Don't play on EMC, it's broken". That's the magic of the internet.
  17. Which is why you stopped playing a long time ago and certainly didn't buy diamond supporter ;)
    kevdudeman, SkidzGaming and mba2012 like this.
  18. Me: If I do stuff such as (chores and helping neighbors and birthday money) can I get money?

Mom: Fine.

Problem solved again :p
  19. ... EMC is broken? When did that happen? I've been playing almost every day for a few hours and I didn't notice?
    607 and DrewRadio like this.