[POLL] Which Came First? Chicken Or The Egg?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Stnywitness, Apr 15, 2020.

?

Which Came First?

Chicken 10 vote(s) 45.5%
Egg 12 vote(s) 54.5%
  1. You're right! It's probably best to keep that discussion in the controversial section too. ;)

I feel like strongly believing in creation entails believing the chicken came first, and strongly believing in evolution entails believing the egg came first. It's only those that aren't as certain that get to have a choice. :p
    Maybe someone disagrees, though. Any creationists that would pick the egg, or evolutionists that would pick the chicken? I'm interested. ;)
    Note that I am assuming that we are talking about the chicken egg, and not just any egg. :p Although I think that distinction might not change the answer in most cases.
  2. Hmm, I think you're right... The issue is "when is it a chicken?". It's when it ticks certain boxes of properties. The same goes for "when is an egg a chicken egg?" - when it "spawns" something that ticks the boxes for a chicken, I assume? By this definition the egg would then have come first, as that is where mutations can happen. Overall, a hard line of when something became a chicken or not is impossible to take, as everything changed so gradually.
    607, Stnywitness and luckycordel like this.
  3. Thank You, Tom! For the details. And yes that's what I go by when it come to aging thing in the past. IE; Earth, Moon Dinosaurs etc. :D
    I apologised for going off topic, I should have worded it differently. :oops:
    That's all good, just having fun!
    607 and Stnywitness like this.
  4. There is evidence supporting different sides, for example:

- The Magnetic Field. If the earth was billions of years old, our magnetic field would be toast. No living things would be on Planet Earth.
    - The amount of salt in the oceans. Every year, more salt is being added to the ocean. It isn't much, but more is being added. If the earth was billions of years old, the amount of salt in the ocean would be so incredibly high, that all life in the ocean would've died billions of years ago. Not to mention we would've died cuz we couldn't drink any water. :confused:
    - Global Warming. ... I don't need to explain this one. If the earth was billions of years old, the earth would be a toasty place.
    - EDIT: History also backs up Creation. Darwinism was invented in 1859 with Darwin's book, the Origin of Species. The Bible is a collection of documents and a written account of eyewitness', dating WAY further back than 1859. The old testament was documented around 1200-165 B.C., while the new testament being written in the very early AD.

Just decided to share that with ya'll.

In order to debate on this, the individual needs to know a lot about both sides. Someone can't simply say, "Well, this is better. And I know it." Tomvan, I respect you, man.
    I am a mind of science also, and I chose what I thought which "side" had more evidence. Of course, people have different opinions.

However, I don't really want this thread to be centered on how old the earth is, but more what came first, chicken or egg, :) If people want to keep talking about this, that's fine, but I think a new thread should be started if that's where we are going.
    luckycordel likes this.
  5. Oh, don't worry, I did not in any way mean to say how old the earth is, I just meant to say that you can use rocks (and other things) to measure the age of things. Whether or not that would end up in what you are alluding to did not and still does not matter to me. :) (that is, indeed, something for a very different thread)

What did you think about my description in post #22 of whether the chicken or the egg came first? :)
    607, luckycordel and Stnywitness like this.
  6. Commonly, the reference to dating rocks is a method used for pointing toward evolution. I decided to throw some nuggets of my own. :) I am not trying to prove one is right and one is wrong, just stating some facts.

As for your Post #22...
    Yes, I am talking about a chicken egg. But I don't believe that chickens came from something, evolved, etc. That is what you think, however, and that is fine. It is good to have different opinions about chicken eggs. :) :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. Here is a little fact. There are no wild chickens and never has been, man created the chicken. Only feral chickens live in the wild. o.(o)

My opinion - The egg came first :D
    Stnywitness likes this.
  8. A question, only true philosophers can answer.
    Stnywitness and luckycordel like this.
  9. lol And they may have a hard time with it as well.;)
    Stnywitness likes this.
  10. Wait, this is interesting, I don't think I've heard this before. :p You mean chickens are like dogs, in that they greatly changed appearance through domestication? (note: I haven't done research into the dog thing, but I learnt about it in History class once and it seemed plausible. In any case I'm pretty sure God didn't create chihuahuas :p)
    Stnywitness and luckycordel like this.
  11. I don't understand why all the controversy.

The answer has been right here all along folks...

12. Nice one. :D