[Poll] What stops you from posting on a thread?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EnderMagic1, Feb 16, 2017.

?

What stops you from posting on a thread?

A 10 vote(s) 18.9%
B 10 vote(s) 18.9%
C 31 vote(s) 58.5%
D 7 vote(s) 13.2%
E 23 vote(s) 43.4%
F 3 vote(s) 5.7%
G 15 vote(s) 28.3%
H 12 vote(s) 22.6%
I 4 vote(s) 7.5%
Other 6 vote(s) 11.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thread is good, but is not worth replying cause someone will quote me, so ill have to answer....
    Didn't see it? Or title isnt clickbait
    ehhh.... donno.... Deleting post after proofreading, and not wanting to type it again
    seeing it on phone and not in computer
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I put I ;D. I like liking posts

But I acctuly would pick b. I am on from like 4 to 7pm so au don't see many threads
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I wish for that
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I've noticed a decline in replies to threads recently too.

I used to wake up to like 40+ alerts, then a few years ago it dropped down to 15+, now I'm lucky to have anything. I'm not sure if this is due to a decline in my activity - I still consider myself fairly active - or if people are engaging in threads a lot less.

Whatever it is, it's demotivating me to come here. This used to be my most visited website, now it's fourth. I would come here first thing when I woke up and camp on the site all day. Nowadays I do it 3-4 times a day and its not my priority to check when I wake up.
    607, Equinox_Boss and EndermanMagic like this.
  5. Most of the time I try to respond to most threads but sometimes I just don't know what to say or how to put my thoughts into words
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. cRaZy Alerts
  7. Uhm, okay. Thanks I guess...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. I'll usually reply on most threads. What used to hold me back is people far superior to me in every way *sarcasm* tearing every word I say apart. I've now learned that I really don't care what someone hiding behind a keyboard has to say about me
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I'm pretty lazy.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Drama.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. One reason I don't post on threads: I go to post on it, but once I get through the time it takes to type, preview, edit, re-preview, edit, preview again, repeat that a few more times, and then finally post, my reply has already become irrelevant in the conversation.. especially if replying to someone.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. and english is hard
  13. Why do people do this though? It seems strange to me. :/ Is there some sort of social pressure here, on the forums?
    willies952002 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. engish iz vry hard yas

Deshalb spreche ich Deutsch.
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. gotta impress the mods yknow
  16. If there is a disagreement on a thread, poor grammar and spelling can be used to insult a player. Plus, posts are forever. Future self if often embarrassed by the actions of present self.

I will often not post if I can't add anything meaningful, and will instead just add a few likes on other posts.
  17. lol here's one :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Shhhh ;)
  19. I am still getting around 25-30 alerts every day, which is roughly the same as it was 3 years ago. Now a bigger portion of it is from likes instead of post replies, though.
  20. I normally woudn't post becuase I can't add annything, but now I do annyway:

But, indeed, I read quite alot of threads, but I just don't reply if I don't feel it's needed, (I really don't care about my post counter) But I do also recognise it that you hope something you posted has like 5 pages the next day (my build guide :P) but it didn't even get any posts...
    annyways, I hope you like the fact I posted annyway :p
    607 likes this.