[Poll] What stops you from posting on a thread?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EnderMagic1, Feb 16, 2017.

?

What stops you from posting on a thread?

A 10 vote(s) 18.9%
B 10 vote(s) 18.9%
C 31 vote(s) 58.5%
D 7 vote(s) 13.2%
E 23 vote(s) 43.4%
F 3 vote(s) 5.7%
G 15 vote(s) 28.3%
H 12 vote(s) 22.6%
I 4 vote(s) 7.5%
Other 6 vote(s) 11.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Recently, I hosted a small giveaway with great prizes, but hardly anyone entered. Not only that, all of my 'threads' have been acting strange these few months. In the past, when I bumped my threads, I would always get a reply or comment/like. I'm not complaining about the lack of likes, rather the lack of activity on my threads or others' threads. However, nowadays, I barely get any alerts, except Equinox, who saves my life every day, by not making the forums so miserably boring. (because of all those annoying auctions :mad:) In order to answer this 'philosophical' question, I made up scenarios that might describe the reasons.
    Please fill out the poll, with the ones that best suit your beliefs. This poll is completely anonomous. Thanks, everyone. And lets be an Equinox. :p
  2. Most of the times, I have a response, but either don't know how to word it or don't think it's important enough to post. It also doesn't help when three out of every four threads in the recent threads section is an auction. :(
    Krysyy, Sealeon, RaiinNL and 3 others like this.
  3. I don't post all that much due to
    a. there not being much of interest to comment on the most recent posts,
    b. paranoia of failure
    c. revising what I typed in and canning it due to feeling as if it'd not be accepted among the people
    d. something else out of my current thought process at the moment
  4. Well.. I guess 2 fold reasons for me: either I don't see it (which is the case with your give-away) or it's an event and I don't feel like entering it. That feeling gets doubled after I won some kind of event, then I really don't think I need a chance to win even more. Which of course is somewhat double, I know: because the host may then end up getting the impression that they're being ignored or something.

And then there is of course the possibility that I did saw it but forgot about it.
    AhsokaTower, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. C applies to me as well; I occasionally write something out, read over it, and feel that there's something wrong with it and just delete the whole thing.
  6. I tend to read posts and move on :p
  7. Same Here!
  8. yup definitely Situation I <3
    Jelle68 and AhsokaTower like this.
  9. b and c apply to me as well.

EDIT:
    You should make a guide "How to be an Equinox" or something like that. That'd make the forums a whole lot more interesting :p
    AhsokaTower and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Be careful for what you wish for... ;)
    Abele, Jelle68, AhsokaTower and 3 others like this.
  11. Whenever you see a new thread, like every post so far, follow everyone who's posted if you haven't already, and post something so that you get alerts and notifications for when there are more things to like. Simple. :)
    AhsokaTower, nltimv and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Uh yup sounds about right
  13. If I don't make a post in a thread, it's generally because I don't think I can add anything by posting but a 1 to my post counter. This happens in discussion threads where multiple other people have already shared my opinion, threads for events I can't join and have already gotten quite some attention anyway, and threads about subjects I don't know enough about (eg. stand with standing rock, the American politics thread, et cetera). Of course, auctions too, but that's sometimes because I'd be breaking or bending the rules otherwise, as I usually don't want to make a bid and thus shouldn't post.
  14. B, C, E, H, and Z for Zerone posts when he feels he can lend a hand :)

I also like to bid on certain auctions if it is stuff needed for our family outpost, but am not issue "F" because I have yet to even hold an auction. I do need to do that sometime to supplement my rupee spending :confused:

I suppose the main reason is "B" due to the times I am actually online, most of the people are offline and the few floundering threads from the day are bumped ones. I do browse the recent stuff to see what may be happening on a Knightly basis though, but unless a thread has been bumped into the morning hours I am likely to not see it, as I am tired after work, and don't care to dig too much for buried content :eek:

Maybe there could be a threads from the last 24hrs or something, Yes...I know they are time stamped...once again...tired after work and just lazy at that point I guess.

Hope this helps :)
    AhsokaTower and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. These answers are the opposites of my prediction. Its like a new science experiment xD
    Equinox_Boss and AhsokaTower like this.
  16. +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

17. Situation B: I most likely didn't see thread.

Situation H: I see the thread, but plan to post later. However, I usually forget, resulting in no reply.

This is going to sound bad but did I participate in the giveaway? I honestly can't remember.

Situation- Other: I sometimes don't partake in giveaways do to the fact I feel I have a lot and will let newer players partake in my place.

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. All of these reasons apply for me, too. If something I type isn't good enough, I just watch the thread and leave the page. I also just watch threads without planning on replying.
    Equinox_Boss, RaiinNL and 607 like this.
  19. Remember this poll is for posting in general, not just my giveaways.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Situation C and E apply to me. Some threads I just don't want to post anything.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.