[POLL] Mac or Windows?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dufne, May 19, 2015.

?

Mac Or Windows? (Or other)

Mac 35 vote(s) 22.4%
Windows 112 vote(s) 71.8%
Other 9 vote(s) 5.8%
  1. Is your Mac capable of playing what you want to play? If it works fine and everything you want is supported, then just keep it. If it is too slow, you will probably want something new. Simply throwing in more ram isn't going to help you that much unless you are a serious multitasker. 2000 might a be a little steep but I can't say for sure since you didn't post the computer you are looking at. Maybe search around online for some good quality but cheaper stuff so you can get the best deal. Also, try to find some reviews or benchmarks for the pc or parts in the pc.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. It isn't just the RAM which affects how well you can play games. All of the recent iMacs have pretty good processors although I'm not sure about graphics. But like jkrmnj said, if it works, there's no point spending more money on something else.
  3. Not agree with above poster. Not enopugh ram can slowdown your system pretty much. SO you need to check how much the system is swapping and how much free memory you ahve when your running your games etc.

After that check you need to look at the other hardware specs like CPU and Graphics.
    How good are the games playing now. There's a change that with 4GB extra memory you can use the system mabey 2 years longer. AT the other side if you can sell the old mac for 1400 and a new PC cost 2000 (not know prices. then it's possible better to get a new system instead of buying expensive memory.

I don't know the hardware specs of your apple.

I delayed the buy of new pc system because it still works fine and i need to see what new software requirments are. Ok mainboard i have replaced in warranty. graphics is upgraded. but cpu still the same. that's strong thing from PC. you don't need to buy a whole new one.
  4. I never said RAM wasn't important. But it is a misconception made by many that RAM is the only (or most) important factor when it comes to system performance.
  5. Lol, clan23 wins. GGWP.
  6. Fourm

Imformatinal
  7. PC, any place, any time, any day. Wins. Easily.
  8. Omg, uhhh Windows of course!! DUHH
  9. I personally like both. But if it was down to one, I'd say Windows.

Windows is more reliable and has wide accessibility.
  10. Erm. Hi. My name is Jeff. Jeff chooses windows because Jeff is smart. Jeff also chooses windows because Jeff knows that Jeff can upgrade Jeff's specs on windows to make Jeff's PC faster. Jeff also chooses windows because Jeff knows that Jeff can't buy gaming PCs for mac. Jeff also chooses windows because Jeff knows that mac is hard to use. Jeff also chooses windows because mac looks like trash. Jeff isn't saying that windows doesn't look like trash, but Jeff is saying that mac doesn't have a cherry on top of it's trash unlike windows which makes Jeff say that windows looks better. Jeff also chooses windows because Jeff thinks that windows is bae. That is all Jeff has to say. Jeff also says goodbye.
  11. Well, I guess I have to go send Chewsy the Congratulations Potato. :c
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  12. Wait...
    Did you make the poll and expect Mac to win?
    clan23, jkjkjk182 and L3A8 like this.
  13. No, but I made a Congratulations Potato and expected to give it to her.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. Rip, i voted Mac by accident
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  15. #Windows4Life
    Ultimamaxx likes this.