[POLICY UPDATE] IP Bans and the Forums

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. "innocent" players wouldn't have an IP ban in the first place..
    We3_MPO, no_thing, Dramanya and 4 others like this.
  2. Then Tell me, what did Foxy do on the forums to deserve a forum ban too? Has he harassed anyone? Has he tried to troll? I don't think so. All he tried to do was suggest some changes to prevent further illegal mod use. You posted this thread right after Foxy's thread, which isn't fair. It was at that exact moment that you decided "Oh hey, this needs to be put in." Is it really that simple? Because if it is, we need a rule to where Staff ACTUALLY listen to the players and take hits sometimes, just like us normal players. You always defend staffs' actions, even if they are unfair. Nothing is ever done with that staff member. Nothing makes EMC special anymore.
  3. Stating that I like to be careless with my words is being very careless with your words in kind. I don't like to be careless, but when you are posting something that you know is going to be an issue, the perfect words don't always appear. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to put together a string of letters to make everyone agree with your reasoning, representing both understanding and stern resolve with every post, while not allowing your words to be spun out of context. I'd like you to remember that I, as well as the other staff that unanimously voted in this case, are human and not machines.
  4. I 99% agree with Krysyy's reasoning.

If you can't even follow the simple rules of playing a minecraft server, what's the point of trusting them being able to do things on the website that corresponds to the server?

I think that if they did anything like hacking (player or internal server), using illegal mods (because who knows), or using a hacked client(HACK), that they shouldn't be allowed to write anything other than an appeal to their ban, which, probably wouldn't lift their ban.

However, if it was an IP ban from griefing, or stealing, I wouldn't just keep them from being able to do anything on the website (corresponding to the server) unless they harassed anyone or did something that didn't follow the rules of the website itself.
    TheKutesyKiraboo likes this.
  5. Honestly.. Everyone needs to drop it. Its happened and over with. We all have opinions, doesn't make anyone wrong or right.
    We3_MPO, ShelLuser and Lilzies like this.
  6. I totally agree though, If you didn't do anything in general than this shouldn't be a problem.
    We3_MPO and Lilzies like this.
  7. You should talk to the staff. I definitely do not defend their actions 100% of the time and will call them out on it if they act out of line or are incorrect.
    Foxy's post is the last in a long line of posts that prove why banned members needn't be on the forums. So yes, my post came right after it. But his wasn't the only one that caused it.

As for Foxy's transgressions, you can take this conversation with me to a private PM if you feel to argue for your friend.
  8. Why argue? I can see how it will go right now. "It wasn't fair to ban foxy for making suggestions." "I don't care, I'm staff and I am always right."
  9. Until you actually message, you don't know anything that I will say. You assume.
  10. I agree, you should take it to a private message, to avoid any other unnecessary drama on this post.
    As well as people seem to think Krysyy only did it because Foxy did it, there have been others who've done the same as him, and she probably just had enough. So this rule came in, and it's there to STOP the drama from banned players who are gettin' a bit salty. People should just learn that it's there for a reason and stop protesting against it, because it's there for a good cause whether you like it or not.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. I assume a lot of things, that is one I don't need to. Every conversation I have with you regarding EMC issues, it ALWAYS turns out like that. So, no, I'm not gonna waste my time arguing over something I already know the outcome of.
  12. You don't technically know the outcome of anything until you do it, and see the outcome. She could (and most likely WILL) say something in a way you'd understand.

I see how most people are taking this out of context, while I on the other hand knew exactly what she was talking about (not bragging as many could assume) I'm just trying to get it out there that sometimes the way people put things are taken the wrong way.
    We3_MPO and ShelLuser like this.
  13. No no, you don't get it. I have had many conversations with Krysyy about issues, never a good outcome.

14. That doesn't mean it won't be a good outcome in the future...
    AnonReturns, We3_MPO and ShelLuser like this.
  15. Trust me when I say that staff can honestly be a little slow, even appearing to be completely ignorant about stuff. I'm not going to elaborate to deep but it has always been a little bit of an annoyance for me during my run with the contribution team that you'd sometimes posted things only to be met with silence. And when you did get a response it sometimes happened quite a while afterwards.

I'm not judging nor criticizing, what I'm saying is that there is no doubt in my mind that the delay was fully legit. I've seen enough examples myself to back up that opinion.

They do. But obviously it heavily depends on how you approach them, and even then they'll usually take their time to respond. I've had a few discussions with Krysyy (in private) and I get the impression that she's not always appreciative of the way I express myself.

But even so she always took her time to hear me out, and respond to it. I might not always have agreed with her, but that doesn't change the fact that she always took the effort to listen. Even when I had some specific criticism of my own which might have been easier ignored (note: I wouldn't have minded if she did, and I'm convinced she knew that).

Just because people don't agree with your arguments doesn't mean that they're ignoring you.
    We3_MPO, TheKutesyKiraboo and Lilzies like this.
  16. 1 question can banned players still appeal Ex foxy
  17. No one took it out of context. What people did was agree and disagree.
  18. Yes, that has never changed. They can appeal, they can explain their case, but they cannot use the forums.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  19. Some people might not understand
  20. Alright, we understood the post, we didn't take the post out of context, we knew exactly what the post was about and why it was implemented. Some of us shared our opinions, nothing got out of hand, this is perfectly normal.

Edit: I have more, this time on wording. If you are gonna say straight up "yeah I understood but you clearly didn't" and then saying it isn't bragging 1. it is 2. You don't seem to have respect for anyone but yourself here, you didn't put together any well reasoned argument to back up your point other than reword what Krysyy said.