Pokemon Trading Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LittleRobotSeffy, Sep 20, 2015.

1. I don't have a smartphone :/
    UltiPig likes this.
  2. I never go outside ever so thats a good reason to go to the outside world XD
  3. I've never played Pokemon before and my knowledge of how it works is limited to knowing that there is a red ball and you catch Pokemon in it. However, I was encouraged to download this game and now I'm a little hooked.

I imagine I can google this but I'm wondering if there is any advantage to catching the same type of Pokemon several times? because I'm seeing a lot of the rat one.

and are we able to trade? because if so, I'd be open to trading with players on EMC if it works on Pokemon Go.

Here is what I have so far:
    Nidoran
    Rattata
    Gloom
    Paras
    Pidgeotto
    Pidgey
    Poliwag
    Doduo
    Weedle
    Kakuna
    Squirtle
  4. As far as I know, Im not sure if trading is implemented yet and to my knowledge of how the game works, you would only be able to trade with others IRL within reach of you. Making an EMC Pokemon Go thread would be asking to meet those people IRL. Also there is no advantage in catching the same type over and over. Just look at which one has higher Combat Power and use it. Also types and moves matter.
    607 likes this.
  5. after I wrote that I went ahead and googled it and read a guide. You have to catch the same type of Pokemon several times to trade them into the Professor to get candy. You then use the candy to evolve your Pokemon.
  6. Its not really an advantage if you're catching ratatta which is utterly useless
  7. Okay now can we do Pokemon tournament on wii u too I have nothing to do on my wii u lel. Or a super smash bros tournament all EMC people? PS: Sorry call of duty fans :/
  8. lol let me have my fun with my rat pokemon! hah
  9. Have fun with your rat pokemon. Doesn't matter what other people like, you like that one all you want.
    WayneKramer and 607 like this.
  10. I did end up evolving Rattata and it turned into a Raticate that is my second strongest pokemon now :p

I also evolved a few others and it's fun!
    TotoStyle and LittleRobotSeffy like this.
  11. New Pokemon I got today:

Dodrio
    Tauros
    Pideot
    Exeggcute
    Bellsprout
    Ekans
    Venonat
    Snorlax
    Horsea
    Gastly
    Oddish
    Gloom
    Butterfree
    Zubat
    Bulbasaur
    Growlithe
    Krabby
    Metapod

am I addicted to this game now? I believe so.
    TotoStyle and 607 like this.
  12. Looking for on 3DS ORAS: Any letter of Shiny Unown. Willing to trade other shiny for it or can get at your request. Quote me if you have and would like to trade for something.
  13. Hey, guys!
    Just wondering if anyone has a pokemon in the flying egg group with an adamant nature.
    I need this to breed my talonflame, which I am going to give an adamant nature.
    I will give your pokemon back once I have either bred a male of it (if it is female), or got an adamant fletchling.
    You can find out if your pokemon is in the egg group here.
    Thanks!
    607 likes this.
  14. I'm going to be playing Pokemon Moon in case anyone gets that and wants to do some trading later.
    LittleRobotSeffy likes this.
  15. I would trade but the game hasnt come out yet for England or Europe
  16. all you need right now is to trade your friendcode
  17. My friend code is in this thread somewhere I think
    LittleRobotSeffy likes this.
  18. Does H-345-3659-G look like my friend code?
  19. Question for those who have experience with such things.... so to evolve Slowbro to Slowking you have to trade Slowbro while he's holding a King's Rock. So in Pokemon Moon I put up a Slowbro holding a King's Rock to trade and requested a Slowbro in return. There doesn't appear to be a way to request that the Slowbro you receive is also holding a King's Rock so someone traded me a Slowbro without a King's Rock in return and thus it didn't evolve.

So it seems I was cheated. How does one get around this?
    607 likes this.
  20. Use this thread to trade with someone you trust.
    607 likes this.