Please nerf iron farms

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Of course not, but in practice it has the same effect (in my opinion) :)
  2. Iron farms are fine. Its just part of the game.
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  3. You have a good point. This is just like saying smoking should be illegal. The drinking would be illegal. Then sweets. Then driving.
    You see my point is where would you stop?
  4. You can still have a decent survival experience on EMC.
    Yes, we have those things but you don't have to use them :)
    penfoldex likes this.
  5. That point has been made so many times before, including by myself :)

What's the difference if moderators use them too? Haha
  6. And the point would be...
  7. I disagree. I don't think iron farms should be banned. Yes, it will bring the iron price down but I don't think it should be banned to make it more like regular survival. EMC makes a lot of more stuff possible in minecraft so if we change everything to make it just like regular survival, EMC loses it's point and it gets boring. As stated earlier in this thread, cocoa beans were worth a lot more than they are now because of the introduction of cocoa bean farming so that's just the way it goes. As far as it being easy to build, I wouldn't say that, it's not that easy. Compared to gold farms it is way easier though I'll admit. Besides, iron farms have been around for a while and the iron price hasn't gone down too much yet so I think we're okay in the retrospect for a while.
  8. That they're essentially the same as any other farm
  9. That's not really the point - the point is that with an iron farm in pretty much every outpost, the iron price is gonna go down, a lot. And with such little effort as only 2 or 3 people actually built them and the people getting the money are standing AFK for hours on end. :)

I knew that this wasn't going to be accepted when making this thread, so we could just end the discussion here.. haha :)
  10. So next time you want to buy some Iron, pay twice the price to experience that true, authentic economy feeling.
    Really, I'm sorry Alex, but this to me sounds like a; "This doesn't suit me, I want rid of it." thread, or else where is your outcry about all the other numerous farms in existence, from Cobble to Mobs?

Mob farms haven't been nerfed either - I can still have 30 levels of Exp in about four or five minutes.
    It's in the game, it's a viable tactic along with the rest. *Shrugs*

On a side note, I'm in an Outpost that is impossible to reach from the Spawn, so I cannot go back to town.

I would be having a truly awful time if I didn't have my Iron farm, because I have used up so much of the stuff in building / mining, etc, and I don't have the time to go and find the stuff, but can't go and buy it either (Until these Wild portals happen)
    melodytune likes this.
  11. The survival-aspect bit isn't really what I'm interested in. If you're gonna make a farm and it's not effecting the price, idm really. But I thought others might, those that live in the wild. :)

But by "playing it properly," god knows what I was saying lol.

I'm more concerned about the price, it's just going to drop and drop. And the fact that they can just put absolutely no effort in to get 60k+ at a time
  12. :confused:
  13. Well please, correct me if I'm wrong but don't you just AFK at the farm and collect the iron?
  14. Well normally i run around making improvements, pop down to the collection room every so offen so my drops dont despawn, but yes sometimes i afk. Hoppers will soon change this tho :)
  15. Hopper's = even worse lol - so effectively everyone AFK's :)
  16. For us heeer courrntree bhoyz it jus durnt matter a damm coz we jist hitch up arr jeans and agett diggin bhoy :D
  17. Well i agree hopper's will certainly change the game, but it's a Mojang thing and an intended part of the game.
  18. Haha what? I think hopper's are fine.
  19. Hoppers would be useful for the old fashioned try of grinder, made for mob drops only. But now everyone goes for XP.
  20. I'm sorry Alex, but your statement is the foundation of hypocritical. You, as someone who has spent plenty of time at xp farms where, correct me if I'm wrong, you stand AFK for however long then throw a potion. OmG that sounds like so much work!!! (or with a crusher system - Afk then throw a switch/button)

I'm sorry, hun, I don't mean to sound snide - but you have to look at how your statements sounds. This is a good way for the non economy/wild people to make money. Which we are going to need very soon, and lots of, for the protection system. Just because it effects your shops, does not mean they should be banned. We have actually been forced into the economy by the new protection system. Which I understand - there has to be some kind of limiting factor for how much land people can claim - money is a good choice. But it forces our hand. I am slightly frustrated that we don't know how much we are going to need. That means we just have to get as much as we can before things happen.