Piwi Day 2020 - Year of Retro Piwi

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, May 26, 2020.

?

Did you know who Piwi is before seeing this thread?

Poll closed May 26, 2021.
Yes. 14 vote(s) 82.4%
No. 3 vote(s) 17.6%
  1. You can still pick numbers if you haven't got one, by the way. :) I will check the thread again as the stream starts, at which point the entries will be closed.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  2. 607 likes this.
  3. Happy Piwi Day!
    #6 plz :D
    607 likes this.
  4. Thank you! You're in. :)
  5. Submissions are now closed! A bit earlier than expected because I'll have to stream from my laptop, as I'd like to have a webcam and I can't get my usb webcam to work. But we haven't had anyone join from seeing the thread since Wednesday, anyway. :p

Edit: Well then, submissions are open again... apparently OBS Studio can't record my monitor or games on my laptop. ._.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  6. Well, now they're certainly closed. ;)

I'm live now, please say hi in chat so I know when to start! I don't have a webcam set up because of the issues mentioned in the previous post.
    [link edited out because nothing happened]
  7. Well, nobody came, so I cancelled it after 10 minutes.
    I'll do it differently, then!
  8. Darn i lost track of time and missed it :(
    607 likes this.
  9. Same, I was there at the soecified time but then it was cancelled so I didn't check again afterwards. :p
    607 likes this.
  10. Yeah, I guess I should've made a post at 19:30 sharp saying that I would be ready in a minute or two... :p
    Anyway, I made a cool video instead! If not many people can watch live, there's little point to it anyway... although of course even if only one person was watching live, it could've been the person to win!

But here's the video. :) I considered adding a music track but I think it's nicer without it. And it means that if you are listening to music right now you can watch the video anyway. ;)

Feel free to congratulate the winner, but don't name them yet until they have posted on the thread themselves. To the winner: please send me a pm, because if I'd send you a pm the surprise would be spoilt. ;)
  11. Lol... 'see you again last year' did seem quite appropriate.. considering this is Retro Piwi! Happy Day to you both &

Congratulations! ^ you ^ :D
    Dufne, 607, Temperhyture and 4 others like this.
  12. Congratulations! :D
  13. I was going to say exactly the same as CarFryer just said... but that'd seem boring, two posts of exactly the same after each other... but now that I typed this, they won't be exactly the same anymore...! :D

Congratulations! :D
    607, Egeau and wafflecoffee like this.
  14. [font=arial]Congratulations! :D[/font]
    607, Egeau and TomvanWijnen like this.
  15. Wasn’t able to be at home for the livestream, congrats to the winner!
    607 and Egeau like this.
  16. Congrats! I liked the confetti :)
    607, Egeau and Stnywitness like this.
  17. Confetti? :p I considered confetti but didn't know if I could make a particle system in GameMaker Studio, and I was afraid using the regular object implementation would be to CPU intensive. So I went with cakes instead. :p
    Egeau likes this.
  18. Oh I didn't want to spoil it so I called the whole celebration confetti :p
    607 likes this.