Phase one of community moderation upgrade

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Gj Justin gj, great addition to EMC ;)
  2. How can I try to break it if you don't let me report myself?
  3. wat u mean?
  4. Chalk this up as "a great feature that I hope to never use," much like the airbags in my car.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  5. I wanted to compliment Justin on this. Bravo Zulu! The first time I was griefed, I spent about 20 minutes just trying to figure out how to report it and even then I didn't know anything about F2 and screenshots (Sean pointed me in the right direction after I figured out how to report). This will make things much better for noobs and old pros alike. Just hoping that something will be added to the tutorial and Guide (if it hasn't already been, that is).
  6. Ahh, alright. I suppose it's the same as when people are sprinting and jumping, depending on the lag that night it may seem like they are hovering. Sounds reasonable, but I know there is a hack that allows you to walk on water and even place blocks on water. Stuff like this would be hard to prove, I suppose.
  7. I'd just like to say that this report system is made of diamonds and magic. :) [/approval]
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  8. Although I still think a more 'uniformed' presence would still be 'better' - I humbly submit myself on one knee in front of you Justin.

KribJong, I will work the mines.
  9. Pretty sure magnets are involved too.
    Jayvice, nnnnmc1 and JustinGuy like this.
  10. Plz add the ability to add files in PM's on the site, Idk how to post files the other way
  11. What If someone reports you and lies? If this happens multiple times You might have to take it away if other moderators believe us or else there will be so many complants and they won't know about conversations and they'll start a thread... That is my only worry otherwise this is a great idea!
  12. This is the same as it was before. Moderators still research reports. Even before this system players could give false reports on the site :)
  13. THIS!
    Yeah babe!!!!1111!!!
    I <3 this sooo much <3333
    Today i tested it with some dude that was insulting everyone (caps + language) and in less than 2 mins d1223m (without even being online) temp banned him :)
    Thanks for this, now i believe moderation will be no trouble at empire minecraft servers :D
  14. Also, some players used this badly :( there was one that was reporting for things with no sense and ISMOOCH (i believe it was him) had to temp ban him :/
    Hope stuff like that get's fixed with the following steps (reputation, etc...) because if no, poor moderators with 1000 reports on screen :'(
  15. Oh, Great I was just worried aout that now I think this is a GREAT Idea!
  16. I have a report about one of your moderators "ISMOOCH". They banned me for 4 or 5 days for speaking spanish and saying it was "spamming"... I am extremely offended for being banned for speaking my families native language. I would report them with the /report command, but as I said, I am banned. Please do something about this.
  17. Please send a PM to the moderator who banned you explaining it was spanish and no swearing or bad stuff,
    Also, if you did nothing wrong it will be fixed by the moderators when they check the logs and use google translate :p
    I believe justin, you should put a big fat red message at the home page explaining how to appeal a ban.... :)
  18. The fact that you are using English to write in the fourms....

I'm sure ISMOOCH asked, or someone else mentioned, that TOWN chat was English only - I assume this is for the STAFF - whom all speak English...

Use /ch L or /tell next time...

Perhaps ISMOOCH will lessen the ban - but I'm sure you have be told before by others (*cough* me).
  19. i have no idea what a pm is... :p but i did post a "somewhattt angry": messege on their wall (if thats what a pm is" and i posted my report on justins wall too, but how do i do what you said in that last part "I believe justin, you should put a big fat red message at the home page explaining how to appeal a ban...."
  20. Im sorry but I dont remember when i was told to speak only english