Overwatch Thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sachrock, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Do you play Overwatch?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.8%
No 28 vote(s) 31.5%
I want to 14 vote(s) 15.7%
  1. My friend who's job is making signs made me this for my YouTube or something (he was basically bored xD)
    _Devuu__, 607, K_Kick and 2 others like this.
  2. Got into Platinum on my other account (that I only do comp on) ^^
    Ritunn, K_Kick and Sachrock like this.
  3. The new Capture the Flag rules are a godsend! As an advent CTF player, there was some glaring problems with the mode that made it less than popular. However, the instant flag capture and new sudden death feature make CTF a lot more enjoyable.

Competitive CTF was also a genius move by Blizzard with the new rules. Easily my favorite competitive Overwatch mode to date. I do find that Sudden Death has been the end case for most of my placement matches so far. With sudden death, heroes like Bastion get a huge boost in usefulness compared to when it's regular play.

As a big CTF fan, I'm very pleased with the new map. The map has a good variety of entrances to the base, but it's open enough to be able to notice them before they enter through the side passages. The base design is actually very similar to point B of Hanamura, which allows for some similar tactics to be used.

Last, but not least, as a CTF player, here's my suggestion on what heroes you'll want to pick up every game.
    • Lucio
    • Symmetra
    • Torbjorn
    • Roadhog
    Lucio's Crossfade: Speed Song allows him to ignore the new rule of not using movement abilities when holding the flag, making him a viable capturer. Just don't boost or else the flag will be dropped.

Symmetra has always been a must pick in CTF, her turrets provide good defense and the teleporter can let you sneak in a coordinated attack behind enemy lines. Her shield generator is also extremely useful when defending your flag, giving you a distinct advantage.

Torbjorn, similar to Symmetra, has always been a must pick in CTF. His turret is one of the best defensive buildings in the game, allowing for unquestionably amazing defensive capabilities. His armor packs can also help your teammates last a little bit longer when making that charge forward or a quick getaway. His biggest weakness is that he's a lot less useful outside the base.

Roadhog is good for a variety of reasons. His heal let's him casually walk in and walk out with minimal health loss. With the rise of Lucio as well, his hook can stop a speedy Lucio dead in their tracks. His ultimate can also make any push stronger by sending any pursuers flying away from the capturer.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the new CTF and Lunar New Year event. I wish you all the luck in your CTF placements as well!
    K_Kick and LordessLevy like this.
  4. I did it, I got 3rd with Mercy in FFA.

LordessLevy and Sachrock like this.
  5. lol, of course Moira got first.
    (she's a great DPS :rolleyes:)
  6. #tracersbetter
  7. No aim, no game, Hanzo is better and not as lame.
    LordessLevy likes this.
  8. hanzo is ok, just spam scatter and your good :rolleyes:
    Ritunn likes this.
  9. Only simpletons spam scatter, they shall be purged from the true Hanzo mains when scatter is removed and replaced soon.
  10. did not think about that :oops:
  11. The truth is tough :(
  12. I hate when people just spam scatter because that takes no skill at all and it's annoying rofl xD
    I actually aim and get headshots B) haha it's true though.

*If ya'll didn't know I main Junkrat, Pharah and Widowmaker/Hanzo*
    Ritunn likes this.
  13. i main Soldier, junkrat, hanzo, doomfist (rarely), and Ms. nukelady (d.va)
    _Levy_McGarden_ likes this.
  14. but soldier is my #1 main
    _Levy_McGarden_ likes this.
  15. I will watch over you!
  16. I went to the store with my mother to get a screen protector for my new phone I got today and the guy working there was helping us and I was describing how that my old phone would never break. I would step on it, throw it, drop it on concrete, drop it off a two story building and there weren't any marks and he said "You're not supposed to treat your phone Junkrat style" rofl and I was wearing my Overwatch hoodie and I started laughing and my mom was like "Huh?" xD
    JesusPower2, 607, Ritunn and 2 others like this.
  17. If at first you don't succeed... BLOW IT UP AGAIN!
    aaadam12, 607 and _Levy_McGarden_ like this.
  18. dirty junkrat mains
    Ritunn likes this.