[OLD] [ATTENTION] Wastelands Reset 10/24/14

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Note: not only users dig holes. creepers around the spawn are good in that job too. its btw dangerous in waste to step off the spawn. And yes, why people have problems with resetting waste, not sure. maby because soem seems to make creations there ?

I hope we get a nice mixed resource waste back.
  2. Could turn off mobGriefing for the period reset area in the frontier to have it look a bit nicer. Maybe so that withers still break blocks (can't be abused) but creepers won't damage the near-spawn terrain. That seems to be the main problem.
  3. Its kinda a shame EMC hasn't updated yet because we don't get 1.8 blocks with this reset. Or under water temples.

EDIT: I know that EMC doesn't have control over when bukkit and spigot (I think that's the spelling) updating just was saying it would be nice to have 1.8 waste.
  4. Btw, how do you make water visible ? hard to pl;ace blocks there. the new system is maby lag free. but it make the live map pretty useless for black areas.
    607 likes this.
  5. Got to say that I love it when the waste resets, nothing like a fresh area to explore :D Although I'll have to wait till I'm back in the UK :'(
  6. (wastelands were implemented late in 1.5 im fairly certain possibly early 1.6 but certainly not 1.7)
    607 likes this.
  7. So what happens if you are still in the wastelands when it is reset? do you get teleported to spawn or do you possibly suffocate in a wall?
  8. I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that 3 worlds all loaded together has 0 impact on server lag. That's a lot of overhead that you're supporting.
  9. This reset does NOT include the Frontier. That land will not reset, but I will be making some manual cosmetic adjustments to areas in the periodic reset area as well as areas without any player outposts in order to improve the quality of the landscape.

Where in the FRONTIER is the periodic reset area? What constitutes a player outpost? Does it have to contain a locked chest, if so, what is the radius around the locked chest? Also, will the cosmetic changes impact clear routes/tunnels/bridges etc. to the outposts?
  10. Fresh Quartz in the nether! Yesssss!
    TechFilmer likes this.
  11. You get sent back to town regardless where you are in the wastelands.
    607 and Lachlan61 like this.
  12. Sweet, been waiting awhile for this. Very difficult to find stuff now a days
  13. Would it be possible to move the wasteland spawn to different locations instead of resetting? For example: Have the location change every 4 weeks and reset every 4/6 month.
  14. I think a reset is easier to do than to load up new chunks
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  15. Oh, I thought, just move the spawn around in the already existing wastelands. But, I have no clue how difficult or easy that is.
    Lachlan61 likes this.
  16. If the primary lag issue is hoppers and pistons, I suggest setting up a limit for them like done with the animals. So people can use them, but arent going to make massive sorting systems that lag out the server.
    Patr1cV likes this.
  17. Hi, I just joined today and after reading through all the tutorial I was quite surprised to find the Frontier looking like a warfield. All around the protected spawn area the landscape was far from natural or nice, instead it was totaly destroyed with strange and ugly buildings in between. Totaly not what I was expecting or hoping for.

So, I did some mining in the Wastlands and started building at my Residency plot, but I would rather live in the Frontier, building a base and exploring caves and stuff. But it doesn't look like that's realy an option.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  18. In order to 'live' in the Frontier, you will need to take a long walk away from the spawn. Use the f3 cords to keep track of your location and don't expect to find any fresh chunks for a while. There have been 10's of thousands of players wandering around the frontier for a few years, so there are some rules and guidelines you will want to learn before you invest a lot of time in creating something there. The wastelands and town are a very good place to gather materials, meet people and learn about EMC before you venture out into the vast frontier. There isn't a lot of point to play on a multiplayer server if you are going into the wild to build all alone, so consider joining an existing frontier outpost or at least getting some people together to establish something. In the long run, it is a lot more fun.

When you have more questions or comments, you should start with a post in the 'introduce yourself' forum and it will help people get to see what you are interested in doing in a more focused location.
    PenguinDJ, bytemage and 607 like this.
  19. It is an option if you travel just a little further out, but close to the outposts is where most people immediately destroy, no matter if we tell them to or not. I am working on a manual clean up of areas in the next few weeks, but there is no automatic way to fix everything without destroying players' builds.
    607 likes this.
  20. The periodic reset area marker is currently broken, but it is usually noted by a large red box surrounding the yellow one at each outpost in the frontier extending roughly 200 blocks out past the yellow in all directions. I am MANUALLY cleaning up areas, which is why it's going to take a few weeks. Bridges that are griefed, large pitfalls, dirt towers you can't access anyway, stairs to nowhere, locked chests from players more than 6 gone, etc are things that I am primarily focusing on. I started with SMP1 yesterday and will continue with smp1 this afternoon.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.