Official 1.8 Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mojangsters like to give out pictures and hints :)
    607 likes this.
  2. Dinnerbone said there are 2 themes. I think they might be Building ( new blocks ) and Mining ( new ores/blocks )
  3. Tweets
    607 likes this.
  4. Bouncy block… how rare will those be? I could cover a res in them. A giant trampoline.
    607 likes this.
  5. It is rumored to be a storage for slime balls.
    607 likes this.
  6. Do you know any 4x4 slime chunks?
  7. I know a 2x2 :D
  8. I already don't like it and it's not even out. Someone could just save up 100 levels and make 20 things with a level 30 enchant, and the only serious drain is their gold ingot supply.

Gold is going to cost almost as much as Diamond now, probably...(unless the gold farms that are going to get built are extremely efficient...and the builders aren't hoarders & don't overprice it all.)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. They are going to balance it out by making XP harder to get. And relax, we barely know anything about it. They will balance and expand if necessary.
    Parkerjv9 and 607 like this.
  10. Im sticking with trusty ol' villagers lol screw this new enchanting system.
    cddm95ace, hashhog3000, 607 and 2 others like this.
  11. #YESITHAS
  12. *considers buying gold ingots in bulk before it's released*
  13. yay and no!!!
  14. Well we have half blocks horizontally...ie slabs, why not vertically too. (says the guy who wouldn't have to write the code for this...:p)<--- [I edited this as I had mixed up the horizontal and vertical]

seriously the doors will be such a relief, mind you empty buckets would be nice too.
  15. Well I'll be getting a DC of gold blocks before the update!
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. If you have a mob grinder....exp becomes irrelevant anyway.....

This is just to screw over people who have exp grinders and never mine gold, isn't it?
    trent948 likes this.
  17. I would not advise that seeing that they can change it from gold to a new ore or something and you are just sitting there.
    607 likes this.
  18. It has to be lapis! :D
  19. SO farming that gold would be useless? >.<
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.