Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. I sell them at my shop, though no one seems to get them as techinically they serve no purpose (AS of now)
  2. False! Jack O Lanterns:p
    IamSaj likes this.
  3. And! golems!
  4. and Alluding Endermen. yes there are uses - just none I used often enough to justify a specific farm for them
    brickstrike likes this.
  5. This is my 2007th post: Exact same as Montly TEXP...
    Coincidence? I sink tot
  6. cool story bro - I don't understand the reference you may or may not have made...
    brickstrike likes this.
  7. Hey Everybody! I anticipate that there will be a new snapshot released within 7 hours of this post. I won't be able to create something about it right away; but I will do it as soon as I can :)

Who knows what Jeb has got up his sleeve except Pumpkin Pie :p
    brickstrike and mba2012 like this.
  8. Snapshot 12w37a - September, 2012 Download Link

Hey everyone! time for my weekly update on the latest Minecraft 1.4 Snapshots :)

There is not as much new this go around, but plenty to talk about none-the-less.

First off: Another update to the Wither!

As if the Wither wasn't already very destructive - it now sends off an explosive shock-wave when its health bar finishes filling up after being spawned. So you will want to be careful where exactly you Spawn the wither.

I did succeed in missing one of the new mobs for the last snapshot - Wither Jockeys. They are currently limited just to Creative Mode though at this time.

Also in this snapshot - Evil mobs are now a little bit more fearless in hard difficulty.

also added this week is a new food - Pumpkin Pie. The crafting recipe is just 1 pumpkin, 1 sugar, and 1 egg. It does behave like normal food (not like cake)

A new command for creative mode is the /clear command which will delete any and all items in your inventory
    It is a lot quicker than having to drag all of those items out, just to make room for new items.

Fishing now gives you Experience Points - I always find fishing one of the most boring things to do, so this might help offset that a little bit.

Buttons now give a longer pulse duration. Watch out for this in the future because it could effect your existing redstone mechanisms.

Leather Armor received an additional upgrade. Visually that is.

You may remember me mentioning in the last snapshot that Pigs don't jump and you have to lead them up Slabs.
    Well now if you guide them towards a 1 Block high jump - they will go ahead and jump up there. They control surprisingly well and quickly in my opinion. They still don't like Water though and will ignore guidance when swimming.

A Re-Create option has been added to the World selection menu.
    This will allow an easy to easily a edit a world like you are creating a new world - without changing the existing world. Examples include bonus chest, cheats, world type....
    I haven't toyed with this much, but it doesn't seem to keep anything you have built - just bases it off of the world's seed...

An option has been added to the Superflat World Option.

Currently there is only some pre-set Options that you can choose from. Adding or editing layers has not been "implemented" yet. I do believe you can use the box at the top of the second picture to create your own for now. It uses block IDs and the layers it will apply to.
    In the future, members of EMC can use this option to create a world which has only Dirt underneath (Just like in town) so they can more easily design their residences. It won't take people long to post a preset that does this.

In this snapshot - the Beacon block does not work properly and I believe can crash minecraft (I did not test it)
    I would not be to surprised if they update this snapshot before next week - if it is only Bug fixes I will likely only update the Download link, nothing else.

Now for one last thing to leave you with this Week :p from Dinnerbones Twitter

Yes this was today! So get pumped! They aren't done adding features to 1.4 yet :D
  9. EPIC. Just EPIC.
  10. Etho! Quick, remake your blaze grinder design! The MC world is counting on your redstone expertise!!!:p
    chickeneer likes this.
  11. When I was looking earlier... they didnt spefically say what the difference is..

For my first advanced redstone build... I will make a machine that reduces the new button pulse back to the way it is now :p
    brickstrike, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. i just died and went to hevean i cant wait for the flat world options
    chickeneer and moyaboya like this.
  13. Chascarrillo and mba2012 like this.
  14. Chascarrillo, mba2012 and prof_genius like this.
  15. that pic dident load but your other one did
  16. Reply button.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. Hmm something I am wondering one of you could do for me to test is to take an old world such as one made in like 1.8.1 or so and use that new feature to recreate it back to default. Because I have my first world and I still haven't done any testing with it with the seed number and downgrading to get it back to default.

So any chance any of you could test it out and see if it only works with worlds created in 1.4 or newer or if it will work on existing worlds even ones way back in 1.8.1?

I would try it myself however I don't mess with the snapshots, nor mods. I am still iffy about getting spoutcraft to downgrade in order to use my (possible) first world seed to get its default look back.
  18. chickeneer can you post a video for the new snapshot
  19. I imagined when I made mine go in the water, it went from super happy to extremely horrified. Think of when you were a kid swimming with your bigger/older friends/family and all of a sudden they wanted to play: : Let's see how long you can hold your breath : until you almost died.

I imagine that's how the pig felt.
  20. I don't make videos

Edit: I suppose I could try, but I don't really have "time" to learn something new like that right now
    brickstrike likes this.