Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. What will they think of next?
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. then can you find a video then post it on here ive looked up videos and there not realy good
  3. SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. Feel Free to check out those videos, but that isn't my thing :)
  5. *cough*

Wasn't that hard to find.
  6. I WANT TO SEE A WITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Then get the latest snapshot.
    Chascarrillo, DogsRNice and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. Looks awesome! Im personally looking forward to the frames, cobble stone walls, and flower pots as I love interior decor on EMC...

Now we play the waiting game...
    Chascarrillo, mba2012 and chickeneer like this.
  9. Hopefully just a month and a half. Sounds like a long time - but not really
  10. well, after a week full of drama - we can all unwind on a new Minecraft 1.4 Snapshot!! Whoo! Yeah.... Anyways

Snapshot 12w38a - August 9, 2012 Download Link

Ok, First - The command block "target parameters" have been upgraded. I have no idea what all of this means; but go to this link to find out more...

Now, in creative mode - Nether Portals teleport you instantaneously, comparable with End Portals.

Additionally the Nether is supposed to load faster when going through a portal

Silverfish Source Blocks can now be sometimes be found in caves - so they are no longer limited to Strongholds.

The beacon is fixed for the snapshot - and received different artwork

can't say it better myself. I haven't decided whether I like it or not

A new passive Mob has been added -BATS!!!

They spawn in "dark caves"
    Sleep during the day - so you will most likely see them at night only
    And when they aren't flying all over the place, they will hang on ceilings - they will start flying again if a player comes near.
    So far they don't drop anything - from what I can tell, purely aesthetic at this point.

And also a new hostile mob - Witches
    In this snapshot they are only available through spawn egg in creative mode.
    They attack by throwing Splash potions of poison, weakness, damage, and slowness.
    In combat - they will drink potions of healing and Fire resistance to defend themselves.
    Witches are immune to Splash Potions.
    And they rarely drop Potions of Fire Resistance and Healing.

Also in this snapshot - More sounds have been added - by C418. I won't do anything further on this feature - but you are welcome to download the snapshot and check out the new features related to this.

Based on the message attached to this Snapshot - Mojang is still on schedule to get this update released by Halloween - I sure hope so :)
  11. Woooooow.
    chickeneer likes this.
  12. So..much...exclamation.
  13. i was about to post what you said chicken but first i thougt the bats and witches were fake but i cant wait tell the snapshot and soulpunisher stop trolling threads
    chickeneer likes this.
  14. Please correct the spelling of 'fake'. It looks like you're trying to say an alternative spelling of a word that shouldn't be used here on EMC.
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. lol, it did take me a while to figure out exactly what was being said XD.
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  16. How can anyone hate pie?
    Like roblikescake, I will have all pies, forever .....
    Chascarrillo and SoulPunisher like this.
  17. Wasn't paying attention everyone. There was a Snapshot 12w38b Download Link

Mainly just Bug fixes though ;)
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. ... Was there a message involved with that. I also recommend [-snipping-] Long quotes as I have done for you.
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.