New Servers

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 17, 2013.

1. anyone know how long it will take because i didnt read the warning before i updated and id hate to lose my residence and all my stuff
  2. No one reads the previous posts...
    You will NOT lose anything during the time it takes EMC to update. ;)
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. great to see Justinguy back. But totally awesome that he has created conditions in EMC where things are able to continue efficiently and long term in his absence. That makes for serious long term stability. And also great that our supporter cash is being used for really well thought out upgrades to the hardware. And also, great that we have Aikar!
  4. Oh you ARE still alive, Justin - I thought maybe you'd passed on to 'The End':D
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. Hey Justin, nice to see you actually posted! How cool!

To get to the point of what I was saying, does that mean that empire's updating??? I'm sorry, you can *facepalm* all you want, just I'm kind of (two months) new to the whole Minecraft thing, and I'm still getting the hang of everything.
  6. Lag is a very general term. If by lag you mean server performance, then yes. If by lag you mean the performance of your computer, your ISP speed or network latency, inherit flaws in Minecraft, Java, etc then no :)
    mba2012, jkjkjk182, DogsRNice and 2 others like this.
  7. I rarely get server lag :eek:
    It's usually just my ancient laptop that i use for everything -_-
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. I am hoping to start moving servers to the new hardware this evening. The only thing holding me back is some problems with our private network at the data center.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. what do the servers look like?
  10. ZBSDKryten, BC000001, mba2012 and 7 others like this.
  11. They're the new ones. Here's the old ones:
  12. Was that taken inside the actual server room? Wow, fancy shmancy. (I know TF2)
  13. looks like a video ga--UMMM real
    BC000001 likes this.
  14. When are you guys going to update EMC i updated by accident and I'm stuck playing a hunger games server and not playing with my friends on EMC.
  15. ya I know I accidently updated to, so now I just play on this skyblock server and crappy little factions server. with none of my freinds
  16. hey justinguy you will need to fix the hopper thing with locked chests
  17. whats the point of a hopper
  18. I already asked Aikar about that about a month ago, and locked chests will be protected from hopper stealing:)
  19. I See That Medipack and ammo crate... Is it for defence of the servers and if someone trips and falls?
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  20. Since the Medipack is on it's corner it looks like someone already tripped and fell.