Name Changing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JParsonsX, Apr 8, 2015.

?

Are you going to change your name?

Yes 24 vote(s) 31.6%
No 27 vote(s) 35.5%
Maybe 10 vote(s) 13.2%
I like reading forums and pie 34 vote(s) 44.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Now, over the past couple of months I've been wanting to change my username, as it makes me feel "child-ish". But now that name changing is finally released, I have realised how attached I am to this username. People know me as Rainbowpony1000, and I do not want that to change, really...
    But if I were to change it, I wouldn't change it by much. As for now, I've changed my username to RainbowPony. But I'm still very unsure if I should change it back to Rainbowpony1000 or if I should keep it as RainbowPony..

Lol, when people probably first see my username they would most likely assume I'm around 6-10, which is OK.. but that is wayyy off xD
    Yes, when I first joined the empire I acted like a total noob and I did probably did sound like a 6 year old, I admit, and I really do regret a lot of things that I have posted in the past, a lot. Sometimes, I wish that I could just erase my history on EMC, for everyone to forget, and to start fresh on EMC. But hey, it's done now, I can't change the past.
    Wow, I write too much. Lol.
  2. I was against changing my username for a while, since I've grown attached to it (no matter how much I don't really like it). It was a good memory of when my older brother and I got into minecraft in 2010-ish when I was about 9 or 10, and we spent hours upon hours trying to think of good usernames. However, I've never really liked how it's too long to fit on signs, and how I usually get called "baby" (sorta has a creepy vibe, although I know that's never its intent). I eventually got a new nickname (from the beloved smp6'ers) of BCR, so I was thinking of perhaps changing it to something with those initials.
    Somehow, a few of my irl friends managed to convince me to change it to DeerMilk (due to an on-going inside joke) - the other options were; StagFluids, CaribouSaliva, MooseTears, ElkBlood, and AntelopeSweat :p
    There's still a chance I might change my name again to something a bit more recognizable, but as of yet it remains as DeerMilk.
    Chocolate800 and Rainbowpony1000 like this.
  3. I really don't think there's anything wrong with your name! :)
    I understand what you mean, I often sigh at myself when reading back posts from two years ago... but then I just shrug it off, and laugh, being happy I'm better today ;)
    Chocolate800 and Rainbowpony1000 like this.
  4. I think it has been 30 days but thanks for the info! :)
  5. I am keeping my name the same might put upper cases in it idk yet. My name is a one if a kind i have it on every thing.
    607 and Chocolate800 like this.
  6. I hate 1.8 made enchanting harder and fence making more expensive and allot of other things wrong with it >.>
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  7. Agreed about the enchanting.
  8. :D awesome!
  9. How did it make it harder? I think it got easier.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  10. Cause you got to have lapis -.-
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  11. But you use up less levels, and you can see one of the enchants you'll get. Plus, you'll finally have a use for your lapis.
    Chocolate800 and f_Builder_s like this.
  12. I still prefer the really old system, atleast certain enchantments were considered rare back in those days...
    Chocolate800 and clan23 like this.
  13. I like 'TehrandomX' BUT
    I'm Stuck On A Name To Choose...
    Also There Are Some Pros And Cons.. (Obviously)
    Pros:
    1: My Name Wont Let People Think I'm A Boy Any More
    2. I Can Pick Any Name! (COOL!)

Cons:
    1. Everyone Will Be Wondering Who I Am
    2. What If People Think My Name Rubbish?
    3. The Suspense Is REAL!
    607 and Chocolate800 like this.
  14. Truthfully, I hate my name just because it is bland and doesn't fit my personality. I can't wait for EMC to change the code so you can accept name changes.

I actually did change my name it is [Xx_CjBruh_xX] I'd just want to be something different than claaaaan.

That is the name now. But if you think that is a wrong name for me, gladly message me for name suggestions.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  15. The only thing that good thing that came out was armor stands. That is the only thing I like about the new update. I don't understand why they have to revamp the whole enchantment leveling system again. Your right it was fine as is but Mojang thinks otherwise. I remember a time when I was here around update 1.0.0. There were so many problems dealing with how much exp you get and how much items cost to enchant it. (Used to be 50 levels for a good item and no anvils) That is why I saw a old post going for a fortune 3 eff 5 unbreaking 3 go for over 20k. Wish had the link but I am sure people who were here in 11' will know.
  16. Hm, don't you think you could choose a name without Xx_ or something alike before and after it? No offence, but such names bother some people, because they're hard to remember and type. ("how many x's were it again? Oh wait, they should be at the end too. Whoops, forgot the underscore") I think you get what I mean. It's not really a problem, but if there's a different good choice, I'd advise for that one instead, I think.
    clan23 likes this.
  17. Hmmm, I'll try something different but it will have to wait. As jumping the gun and my personality, I changed it so I have to wait a month.

But for now how about this name when I get the chance to change it? [FoxyRavager]

I see some of the posts on the thread but since I am "Technically" new to most of you all I think it's better to know me by a better name than claaaaaaaaaaaan
    607 likes this.
  18. i changed my name because damien is not my only child now. ill actually be changing all my tags to my new name eventually.
    MrsWishes and 607 like this.