Name Changing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JParsonsX, Apr 8, 2015.

?

Are you going to change your name?

Yes 24 vote(s) 31.6%
No 27 vote(s) 35.5%
Maybe 10 vote(s) 13.2%
I like reading forums and pie 34 vote(s) 44.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I've already changed my name, mostly because I didn't realize my gender would be such a huge issue when choosing my original name. (Also, I hate being called George) My new name will likely be more confusing though :).
    DubChef and Chocolate800 like this.
  2. It's not really something others can say I think. I mean; your name is who you are, which defines you, and if you're not fully happy with it then I'd say that it definitely merits a name change. Sure there are con's attached, when was something like this ever easy?

Still, when it comes down to it and especially if you've been playing for quite a while then I can't help wonder if using a 2nd account wouldn't be more beneficial. Just use your primary for the common stuff and use the second as that persona you always wanted. When played right you could even turn it into something more beneficial (at least more residences, you could pool the rupees you get, etc.).

As for me; I like forums and pies too, but couldn't vote for that because I'm on the forums on a daily basis but most often without pie. Not even a cookie! So I had to stoop to something boring, so option 'no' it was ;)

Most obvious reason I'm aware of is when people want to have a certain name but it was already taken. An alternative name isn't an option so the only thing left to do is adding some numbers to it so that it'll turn into a name which no one has.

And the only reason I know is because I once had to help out devise such a system; where people could opt for a name, it got looked up at in a database and when it was already taken a few suggestions with numbers in them would pop up. Instead of going with the "we know what the users want" approach I simply started asking a few people during lunch break about this. Mainly to see what kind of variation they'd be more happy with. And numbers it was...
    Chocolate800 and 607 like this.
  3. OMG that's a huge change!!! (Jk) :p
    huckleberry24 likes this.
  4. You said you would make it 'Dogman1' if you did. :D
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  5. I've changed mine quite a bit and I plan to change it one last time:

xI_LIKE_A_PIGx >> baconbooty >> CrispBacon
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  6. Yesss bacon is amazing!
  7. I haven't changed my name, and don't ever plan on changing it. Everyone knows me as FDNY21. My friends, everyone here on the Empire knows me as that. That'll be staying.

As for my alts, I've changed all of their names. I tend to get mind block when making my accounts it seems... So, I've changed my alts names so that I like their names more, but as for my original account FDNY21? That should stay the same forever. :)
    Chocolate800, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  8. That was a joke :p
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  9. Well, since name changes have been out I've changed my name twice already. I'm internally debating which one I should keep though.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  10. My name brings back good memories. I'm not going to change it. Also, it matches my BF's name, calhencha. Both of our names are our names melded with our siblings names because our accounts started out as family accounts.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  11. Which ones did you change the to? :p
  12. Nope, I'll never. I don't like the ability of name changing at all. But oh well, it makes many people happy, so I don't mind it being implemented.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  13. Well, now I won't have to ask you who you are ;)
  14. I like the username 607...it's short and cool XD :p
    607 likes this.
  15. ? But you don't know which part of my username is my real name.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  16. Means I won't have to ask you what your original username was =P
  17. Until I decide I don't want to put either out there just yet. I don't want people to see me for one username if I pick the other.
    Chocolate800 likes this.
  18. kk :)
  19. Me and my old friend share accounts. He secretly changed his/my username to (not gonna say). I really don't like my username and then people won't know me. :(

The only good thing: no numbers :p
    Chocolate800 likes this.