My "little" Erebor

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by clonotron, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Yea, I remember being surprised when it ended. I was like, "Aren't they supposed to fight a dragon or something?".
  2. Yeah, I don't understand how Peter Jackson made 3 movies out of 3 long books, and now is making 3 movies out of 1 short book.
  3. Well, I've read all the books and it's rather simple how he did that.
    The lord of the rings consists of three books which gives a total of around 3500 pages (I think)
    But while it has many pages, it has an enormous amount of details and backstories about the main events.
    Maybe wen you only have seen the movies, you know 8% of the total information.

The hobbit is a much smaller book, but it has been written on a totally different way.
    It is much more simple, almost childish level, and there are way more events relative to the number of pages.
    Also, Peter Jackson adds way more battle content than shown in the books so the viewer stays interested.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  4. I actually have read all the Lord of the Rings books and the Hobbit, and I might want to read the Silmarillion. I don't know 8% of the information. I actually know a lot. But I agree, the Hobbit was written in a totally different way. It was as if someone was telling you the story from memory, and they were telling it to a young child. Lord of the Rings is written as if you were reading it out of a textbook. After seeing the Hobbit's first movie, I noticed how much Peter Jackson has added: Radagast the Brown helping the dwarves, Azog chasing the Company, the secret passage to Rivendell, the company leaving Gandalf behind at Rivendell while Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel, and Saruman discuss Dol Guldur, the Necromancer and how Radagast found a Morgul blade.
  5. theres also the lost tales or something i beleive that explains alot of the missing info
  6. Yeah, I mean Tolkien wrote like like 6 or 7 books just on the history of Middle-Earth. It's pretty amazing how complex the story can get.
  7. But I don't expect Peter Jackson will make a movie of all of them
  8. Oh yeah, I've found and lit up a little house someone has placed within my throne room grief.jpg

It it signed by president x, there is no player like that so I assume it's an alias.
    I find this not really funny
  9. I'd probably just destroy it...
  10. Already did :p
    jacob5089 likes this.
  11. Right now, we are adding a mountain peak to the mountain (because the natural one just had a blunt peak)
    it will have a snowy top like in nature, other things may be included...
  12. And now for the pic: mountainpeak.jpg

As you can see, we are working on adding a mountain peak to the total image,
    Also note the lake-in-progress in front of the castle
  13. I would like to say a few things you should add:
    Make a replica of the special gem in the throne
    To the right hand side of where your picture is taked I would extend the hill higher.
    Maybe off a while building one of the elf fortresses?
    (More to come not sure though)
  14. -gem: Don't know what material it should be, a beacon is the closest thing but it's way too expensive to let it be obtainable in the wild.
    -hill: Thats a lot of terraforming you are speaking off buddy :confused:
    -fortresses: I'm gonna stick with the dwarven architecture here, when this get finished I'll move on to another spot in the wild to build something epic.
  15. Such as Lothlorien, or maybe Bag End? :p
  16. what about argonath, master human?:D

+ maybe isengard?

or something entirely different, like no Lotr?
  17. The Death Star. FEEL THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE
    clonotron likes this.
  18. I embrace the dark side, but the death star will be too obvious for griefers, even on 1/100th scale
  19. Clono, to make it according to the movie, another idea would to have the Dragon somewhere in the Throne Room, and have that one Stone that was lost with the dragon in it's hands or something :D
    I hope to see more and more to this :D
  20. I'm not into making static statues that might turn out ugly, I was planning to add a hidden treasury though