Misc Updates / Bug Fixes - 5/18/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 18, 2015.

1. Sheep killed in 1.8 for me are not displaying. Also it seems that not all heads are stacking with each other even though they are the same.
    BreezyMan likes this.
  2. wait im confused how do we make holagrams?
  3. Get over here, hash.
  4. Yes, I have to use more than the required wheat to actually grow them as well.

Very true and annoying, I have 4 or 5 dcs of heads with less than 50 unique players.
  5. Nice!
    Only staff can :) It's used for things like the tutorial and firefloor.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  6. Oh, and now suddenly all my heads are working xD!
  7. Not sure the /ping is working like it is supposed to.

One account gets 180, the other account has 400...
  8. We only used the spigot provided information about ping. I have not the slightest idea why you would get such drastically different numbers.
    607 likes this.
  9. Its some kind of entity. I can shoot the one in pvp with my bow and it catches fire for a split second.
    607 likes this.
  10. Thanks Aikar! :D
  11. I think it may be a named horse.
  12. 21 lol

Well thxs Aikar and #CheerForChicken you guys need a big rest :D
  13. access/restrict signs are acting weird.
    MAJESTICsnowbird's name used to not fit on a sign (had to let the last "d" off), but it would still work for access/restrict signs.
    Now that 1.8 has come around, I can fit her whole name on a sign--but the access/restrict signs don't work. I need to still take off the last "d".
    How will you handle this bug? xD
    Let the old partly-finished names still work and not the new full-names? Or not let the part-names work and only let full-names work... or let both work? lol
  14. That's a great question. I am glad you asked!
    I have not thought about it yet, but we really should drop support for the old version.
    607, SteamingFire and Gawadrolt like this.
  15. Yes, please drop support for the old version lol.
    (but what happens if a player has too many letters in their name for the new 1.8 signs, too?)

Oh, also I have also experienced the horse bug just now.
    Ran around in waste to meet with a friend for mining, saw a horse. Tried to climb it with a sword in hand, didn't work, it just neigh'd. So then I switched to empty-handed, but then it didn't respond at all. I got frustrated and hit it. Then I remembered someone else saying "whenever I spawn horses they appear as adults to me and I can only tell if they're babies with their nametags in their bellies." So I killed it to see if it would drop any xp or anything at all. Dropped nothing. Seems like I am also experiencing "Baby ponies appearing as adult horses."
  16. For those experiencing the "horse bug," this was an issue when MC first rolled out 1.8; Baby horses appeared as adults. It was fixed in later versions. If you are seeing foals as adult horses, it is because you are not using version 1.8.4. Switch to the newest version and the problem will be resolved. :)
    607 likes this.
  17. Oh boo....
    My voxelmap and optifine won't work then ;.;

Also, Aikar and chickeneer, how do you let someone else access an armor stand? [access] sign doesn't work when it's above the armor stand, not when it's done like a chest or like a door...
  18. Optifine is 1.8.4 now, I dont use map but not sure
  19. :cool: Thank god those nether hounds were SCHOOLING me whenever i went out.
    ChrisFlareon likes this.