MINECON 2013!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Maxarias, Jul 31, 2013.

1. green = got tickets lol, not staff level
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Oh. LOL. I thought we had our first sassy administrator!
  3. I dunno... I think IcecreamCow's pretty sassy...

4. I edited the post to include a note about the green names vs purple names. :p
  5. LOL. Is that max?
  6. Yup.
  7. * reports *
  8. Anyone wanna grab me a cape ;)
  9. I even got you a mask and wrist cuffs to go with it.

10. Those will go perfectly with my brand new pink boots!
    Thanks pandas :D :D
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  11. I live about another 2 hours away from orlando than you and aikar... so prob take me good 10 hours drive to get to orlando... plus time for food, gas, and break stops (maybe 11-12 hours total) - but if i go to tricities airport (good 1 hour drive from where i live) and fly to orlando it would take about 4 hours flight and be about 262$ round trip ticket... if i decide to go - would you guys recommend flying or driving?
  12. I expect the staff to wear Custom EMC T-Shirts so we can meet them :)
  13. since its just you, flying probably. As I am going with 3 people (My wife, my daughter and myself) it is cheaper to make some sandwhiches and drive.

Just add up estimated cost. If you flew, how would you get around? If you drive, how much food/gas WILL you buy? Set the budgets then decide. Its different for different people. I just personally feel like i can get 3 people to orlando from where we are for much cheaper than the flight cost.

But my family is used to the road trip thing.
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. 3 seconds....dang i hope i get one
  15. i'm kind of used to driving actually - when i got my learners about 5 years ago, i drove with dad from virginia to oklahoma city before - took us a good 18 hours straight - I also have to drive to school during week days - so that's like 1 hour - 2 hour drive depending on which class - and honestly i just sing to myself, and the time flies by without me knowing :p

But yeh - I thought it might be easier for me to bring more luggage if i want, maybe snacks, and the fact i'd have no one really to chauffeur me - so i could just take my own car possibly, then, and have gps perhaps... costs me about 20-25usd for full tank of gas ... take me a good 260-300 miles on each tank... so that's about 2-3 tanks depending where i go... so like 75usd on gas times 2 (return trip) ... that' 150usd... almost half cost of plane tickets... and only takes me say 5 hours more to drive than fly... maybe i'm in favour driving? (plus save some money too)
  16. Wish we(EMC) could have our own package deal. Flying down there isn't too bad, hotel ain't either. But dropping $200 to get in, is a pain in the @**.
  17. Don't try to buy tickets. I went to the site they sold tickets at. Wouldn't let me buy one until after about 30 minutess of waiting it was sold out. Quite frankly in my opinion Mojang should either sell more tickets or lower the cost. I want to go but I'm not just because of pricing and how stupid it is that the ticket site doesn't allow you to buy tickets because its "Determining" quantity.
  18. could the people who got through give the rest of us some hints at what to have ready?
  19. The thing is Mojang putting them in batches doesn't help. The only good thing is the non transferable policy. Stops all those jerks who sell Minecon tickets for $1000 dollars profit.
  20. Well guys I think have a good idea about whats going to happen. 2,500 tickets sold in 3 secs. So I estimate for the next batches to sell out at the same time or faster. So the only way to get in is to just accept that the Eventbrite isn't worth the effort to go and try to get tickets from. Simply go to the door and pay 50$ extra bucks because your not going to get tickets early. Its pretty much "You'll never win the Mega Millions Jackpot" philosophy