let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. *laughs at skyrim* Elder Scrolls 4 is true immersion. Though before this starts a flame war. I am going to say I like skyrim. I just prefer Oblivion. Feast your eyes.

PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  2. What lurks at night in Cyrodiil? This :)

PenguinDJ, battmeghs and 607 like this.
  3. he's near whiterun right? like back behind the town? lolol i ran into him once too.. xD
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. I'd imagine they're way too busy with Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls VI: [Insert Province Name Here] to port Skyrim to eighth generation/current generation systems. What's the point when your PC modding community is keeping it up to date for you? Mods are the reason why Fallout 3 is still so good 7 years after its release.
    Kephras likes this.
  5. More than that: when it's an open-world Bethesda game, like Elder Scrolls or Fallout? PC is a must.
    That's not being elitist, but practical - community mods don't just expand the game by infinite measure, they also fix 99% of the stuff that is broken, buggy, or "functional, but still wrong" (like when Kharjo speaks of Ahkari as male - which she certainly isn't). The "Unofficial [X]" patches are an absolute must, even if you intend to do an otherwise-Vanilla playthrough.
  6. I don't use the patches because I'm afraid one of them will fix my favourite bug in Skyrim. Hint: I like having things float away into the stratosphere after I kill them...
    607 likes this.
  7. I decided to take a walk through Whiterun.

607 likes this.
  8. Two save files down... First one I only quicksaved then started a new one. I had no idea it'd overwrite it. I lost the entire Dragonborn questline. So I deleted that save.

Yesterday I installed the Civil War Overhaul incorrectly and it blew up my save file. So now I have to come up with a new build I like. I can't replay the archer or mage builds that I ruined. Perhaps an orc warrior?
  9. Quicksaving in general is a bad practice to rely on. "Save early, Save often" is a familiar TES mantra, and Skyrim is no exception. Don't overwrite saves, either - it's best to create a new save each time. This does lead to bloated drivespace, but you can always delete older save-files (ones you're certain you won't need to go back to).

Much as I liked the idea of Civil War Overhaul, I'd suggest avoiding that one. Even when it's correctly installed, it tends to be a pretty temperamental, feisty wretch and can easily break things.
    PenguinDJ and 607 like this.
  10. Exactly what this cat said, but... if you're playing Morrowind I suggest to overwrite, Unless you about to kill some random guy. Make a save before you kill him...

Thanks for the advice.
  11. It had to be done... You know the moment where you enter a friendly tavern in the wilderness (or even in towns) you'll sometimes hear a bard singing. One of the songs is the Dragonborn comes. Its the only thing which I dislike of ending the game: the bards no longer sing this one.

So yesterday I was having a good time with my friends. We ran out into the Wasteland, found, lost, found, lost and found & slayed a Marlix, and when we were running towards the outpost we ended up finding ourselves in a nice cozy tavern where we had a few drinks when this bard showed up to entertain us with this wonderful song.

The Enderman comes...

Our hero, our hero claims a miners heart.
    I tell you, I tell you the Enderman comes.
    With a block wielding power of the ancient Notch art.
    Believe, believe the Enderman comes.

It's an end to the evil of all Minecrafts foes.
    Beware, beware the Enderman comes.
    For the darkness has passed and the legend yet grows.
    You'll know, you'll know the Enderman comes.

Endahkiin, Endahkiin,
    naal ok zin los vahriin,
    wah dein vokul mahfaeraak asht vaal!
    ahrk fin norok paal graan,
    fod nust hon zindro zaan
    Endahkiin, fah hin, kogaan mu draal!

And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about I'd like to share the original cover version done by Malukah. I think she really has a very good voice and manages to capture the spirit of the rhyme very well:

Click here if the video doesn't play
  12. oh for the love of skyrim.. i haven't posted anything since i fixed my computer a few weeks ago!

i'll get right on fixing that! :D
    Monster_, ShelLuser and Kephras like this.
  13. I picked up the Legendary Edition (it was £24 for both of the expansions, and £6 for the Legendary Edition, so... :p) on Sunday. I've yet to actually play it ._.

Partly because I'm lazy, partly because I have to play games on a bed now until I can get a desk :c
    ShelLuser and battmeghs like this.
  14. This is a great picture. Are you sure you didn't take this in some woods around your home and it is not from skyrim? :p
    battmeghs likes this.
  15. my love for a perfect photo kills me in skyrim too :p
    hahahaha
    ShelLuser, 607 and FWRonald like this.
  16. I just got Elder Scrolls about a month ago. It's an interesting and fun game, but there is a bit of a learning curve.
    ShelLuser and battmeghs like this.
  17. Yes there is, but once you get use to it, it is quite easy to play. ;)
    ShelLuser and BlackKnight1021 like this.