let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Hmm, considering all the cool mods you can get for Skyrim on the PC (and also considering that it has a LOT less bugs than it has on the PS3) I might even be tempted to pick it up for PC someday :)

Especially when looking at some of your screenshots battmeghs!

Edit... Reminds me; it is another important thing to mention: climbing. In Skyrim you can virtually go anywhere. Even if you're going off the path and start go to "cross country". Which can sometimes be very rewarding.

High Hrothgar (the first real mountain you need to climb) is normally reached by going to Ivarstead and from there on you travel on what is known as the path of the Seven Thousand Steps. Pretty cool.

However... On the other side of the mountain you'll find a stormcloak camp and a place which name I now forgot but has a hagraven and some witches (necromancers) walking around. Its a place which you must visit to complete a quest.

It's also directly beneath.... this very same mountain. And although it was never intended for climbing I can say that you can actually reach the last path to High Hrothgar by merely trying to jump your way up the mountain.

And there are plenty more examples. I used to discover quite a bit of places in the mountains because I simply got curious "if there would be something up there". Sure; it'll go faster when you use the roads, but roads are for pussies :)

When looking at those screenshots these memories immediately came back :)
    607 and battmeghs like this.
  2. indeed, there are so many things randomly placed.
    i've stumbled into some pretty amazing places, some pretty sad places.. lots and lots of hidden things just sitting there for you to find.
    i absolutely love the game!
  3. Vibrant! Someone's got some fancy ENB going on there...

Sorry I haven't posted more, been on something of an extended break from Skyrim - too much other stuff going on.
    Hopefully Ra'Shirr's adventures will resume soon though :)
  4. What if I told you... Daggerfall?
  5. Got Skyrim: Elder Scrolls V for Xbox360 (yeah we still have one :p) and I love it so far. The graphics could be better,(especially with a mod), but the gameplay is nice. It's like Fable hits... Something good. ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Old game.
  7. Good game. Better game. :)
  8. "Better" is too subjective. Deeper maybe, certainly bigger (at least in terms of raw area).
    Personally, Morrowind will always have a special place for me, but trying to say this or that TES game is "better" than another is a futile endeavor - they all have strong points and weaknesses.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  9. I like Morrowind a ton too. Sometimes it's hard to decide my favorite. I'd say 2 and 3 are even for me.
  10. Friends of yours Meghs. :p
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. I love this game, but my save file is glitchy.. EVERY TIME I go into town there are at least 1-2 dragons waiting to murder me.. and when I leave town.. Its horrifying. They won't leave me alone!!
    southpark347 likes this.
  12. I wish they would port it to the next gen systems.
  13. 607 and Kephras like this.
  14. I've been waiting for this shot for a while. I finally got it today.
    2015-01-28_00009.jpg
    607, Kephras and battmeghs like this.
  15. Or this one. I'm undecided on which one I like the best.
    2015-01-29_00002.jpg
    607, Kephras and battmeghs like this.
  16. Well this confused me. Walking back to Dragonsreach to collect a bounty, I saw this guy:
    2015-01-31_00005.jpg

If you can't tell, yes, it's a floating mammoth.

On another, more disappointing note, I was disarmed today and lost my bow... It was the best I'd seen in my playthrough so far. I looked for it for a good 10 minutes with no luck.
    battmeghs and 607 like this.