Legit needs (dating) help.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Sep 23, 2012.

1. I've broken out of it
  2. Stay out of the freindzone..
  3. Brilliant help, just brilliant :D
  4. Uhhhh.....
    Maybe, are you friends? Try to... uh..... Find her without her friends?
    WARNING: IT IS UNSAFE TO TAKE DATING ADVICE FROM AN INTROVERTED 14 YEAR OLD WHO HAS NO INTEREST IN DATING.
  5. I thought you were incapable of love?:confused:
    Ah. Grey text.
  6. So, I go in, somewhat ready to possibly talk to her, but shes not there.
  7. Oh well. Try again tomorrow.
  8. I am in the same situation as you. The best I can say is to talk to her... Over text, facebook or whatever. Or, which is the best way, you talk to her. I'm friendzoned, so I shouldn't really be talking, and I can't even work up a nerve to talk to her IRL.
  9. There is no reason to fear the "friend zone" unless you are trying to take the girl to your bed.
    Even then, you shouldn't feel bad about it. Women have the best insight into other women and having some on your side will help you land a girlfriend or protect you from a crazy. Nothing better than a wing-woman. ;)
  10. Where did I say I'm not?
  11. Legal age in my country > 16
    I'm slowly approaching 13.
    I still have another 4 years to do that, and I don't plan to do that until marriage :p
  12. So being friends with these girls is your best option. They are less likely to pressure you into such a relationship.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  13. You stated it somewhere.
  14. I stand by my statement that I am incapable of love.
    penfoldex likes this.
  15. Rob a bank, kidnap her, take her to Mexico in a stolen car and keep her on a short leash while living lavishly. :D

In all seriousness, if you aren't confident enough to talk to her when she is with friends, you aren't confident enough to talk to her when she is alone.
    You should take Dejaja's advice to involve her in group activities of you and your friends with her and her friends. This will allow you to see if you share common interests or not. Maybe you will find that you and her do not get along so well but that instead you really enjoy the company of one of her friends. If this is the case, you would be better suited asking the girl that you enjoy spending time with rather than the one you "loved" from afar. :)

Also, Halloween is a great opportunity for breaking your social barriers because you can go to a costume party and you will have a shared topic of discussion immediately. You can also build a relationship with this girl by going in a small group of friends to a local fair, which is the next big social event not tied to school.

If you find that you can't build up the confidence now, at least make friends with some girls and break the barrier of social anxiety. You aren't even in High School yet, so you have plenty of time to make a fool of yourself before college. When you get to college, you will want to have the social skills to enjoy the company of strangers or you will be miserable.

Don't base your entire life on this one moment or this one girl. Your life is only beginning. I know right now this feels like the most important moments of your life, and for now it really is. However, life gets better with age as long as you have the proper social etiquette. Without it you will look back on life and regret not taking more chances (without risk to life, limb or eyesight). The "without risk to life, limb or eyesight" is how the U.S. Military tells service members to decide whether or not an order is lawful. If the activity will merely teach you humility, take the positive aspect of it that you survived it with only hurting your pride. :)

Also, do not feel that asking these types of questions on EMC forums is a bad decision. There are many of us here who are willing and even eager to help out our players with any life issues they face.

I have said it over and over again, EMC is a family not just a Minecraft community. We came together because of Minecraft but we built friendships based on other interests. I have talked to players who wanted advice on how to "come out" to their parents. In addition, I have helped a young man who was contemplating suicide just by being available to talk to him and help him understand that he is NOT alone in this world. I have contemplated suicide in my life before and just having someone to let me vent openly was enough to help me see the broader scope of the situation.

So, ask anything and eventually those who are here with good advice will come along. This is not an attack on those who have tried to help here, it is an attack on those who contributed nothing but negativity.
    Some advice is not helpful but at least it is an honest attempt. ;)

Re-posted for your benefit specifically Mrlegit.
    Call_Me_DeJaja likes this.
  16. They're both 13 and I hope they're not trying to go that far yet lol.
    penfoldex, Twitch1 and SoulPunisher like this.
  17. That was my point. They are too young for this fear of the "friend zone". :) If they were in their late teens or 20s I would understand it being a fear. :D
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  18. Yay! I have no fear of friend zone and I'm 14! Yaaaaaay? Yay.
    SoulPunisher and PandasEatRamen like this.
  19. I think its kind of random to ask her now, because youve only known her for a week or two. You should wait longer than that.
    penfoldex likes this.
  20. You wanted to talk her today but she wasn't there... this is no big deal. Again, your building up your expectations, and usually that will only lead to disappointment. You ever talked and talked about how great something is going to be (a birthday party perhaps) and you built it up in your mind so much that you'd thought it would be perfect and then once the day came your expectations were so high that it was almost impossible for that thing to compete with the perfect image in your head.. and you were dissapointed? This happens all the time with women and their expectations of what they expect their wedding to be like... ALL THE TIME THIS HAPPENS! And they total lose out on enjoying the day because they are so let down that it wasn't everything they thought it would be.

This is the same thing. You can't allow yourself to build up your expectations. Its hard I know, you were prbably very nervous and anxious about talking to her so you tried to prepare for it, only to be let down when you didn't see her. This is something that you'll get better at in time. Some of the most fun I ever had in my life was not planned, it was spur of the moment and spontanious...seasing the day type things.

Ever notice how guys who really aren't looking to get into a serious relationship always find themselves plenty of opportunities to HAVE a relationship? That's because they are focus on having a good time and they don't come of as needy.

Try to spend your time having fun doing things you enjoy and try to surrounf yourself with new people and you'll find yourself with ample chances to start relationships.