keep 911 and there sheep

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by KEVINwelch2001, Aug 29, 2012.

1. <-- this solves the problem with too many sheep
  2. Step 1: Buy 2 Sheep
    Step 2: Breed Sheep until you have a sufficient number (1 pair for each color)
    Step 3: Buy two of each color dye
    Step 4: Breed until they're are 5 sheep of each color.
    Step 5: SHEAR THE WOOL OUT OF THEM!
  3. I assure you, I have more "stuff" on my res than most people, and I could easily fit a sheep farm in, while having 30 of each sheep. I how ever never would as I know the strain it would not only cause on my personal machine but also the server in trying to communicate with, I'm very sorry your loosing an Icon of SMP1 but is it really an issue? If the owner of 911 abided by the changes I have already lain out with proof of working you could keep your farming location and everyone on SMP1 would be happy due to lag reduction. There are 4 farms such as this, if not bigger on SMP2 and if I didn't care about my lot in EMC I would easily Instant Harming Potion the lot of them for the ability to play with reduced lag. But I digress, unless you can write a structured concise argument to sustain your case of keeping 911 and swing the discussion in your favour, then there is little to be discussed. As it is that then the moderators will simply do what they must for the good of the whole. To quote 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan'; "The needs of the many outweigh... ...the needs of the few... ...Or the one."
    sqiggleyjeff likes this.
  4. jeb should add rainbow sheep in ahh were you get 2 of evrey colour but have a 1/100 of spawning
  5. Why don't you make a hole in the corner of your res, place down 2 shee, maybe even 4, then breed them until you have a pair of each colour, get some wool dye, and dye their wool? It's as simple as that.

I'm going to start a wool farm on my res at smp3...I have a few ideas up my panda sleeves ;)
  6. Silly panda.. You don't have sleeves...
    penfoldex likes this.
  7. or you can just buy it from stores, that always works.
  8. He's refusal to buy is the problem.
  9. Erm, eggifying is free in town...
    And like some really smart dude once said, "There is no such thing as a free lunch." In other words, everything has it's costs, and while I am stretching that quote a little bit in this situation, it is somewhat true. For example, someone can breed 1000 villagers and start giving away villager babies for free, but that's taking a toll on server resources just as a large sheep farm is. Trust me, there are worse things that could happen.

If I'm not wrong here (which I probably am) grass can grow underground, which means that you can have a sheep farm underground, long as it's not all the way at bedrock. I doubt all 921,600 blocks on your res are filled up enough that you can't breed several sheep and dye and shear them as you wish.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. I have arms :D
  11. Before you ask how a toaster types, I'll tell you: I'm a wizard!
  12. oh...
  13. Besides, just put all the sheep in one pen. Saves some room you know.
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  14. Replying to yourself?
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  15. One guy had a conversation with himself on SMP2 once...
    penfoldex likes this.
  16. I think someone was trying to 1-up themselves earlier...
  17. Hah you sure he wasn't talking to someone else using private chat?
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  18. Okay soo...... where is this topic about limiting mob spawning since I have yet to see anything like that on the front page or in the forums. Or did someone just hear this in town chat and decided to make a topic about it before there was an official one? lol
  19. Wait... Is this why all the wheat grows so slowly? Well if it is I want most of sheep gone.
  20. 911 was awesome!