keep 911 and there sheep

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by KEVINwelch2001, Aug 29, 2012.

1. It is why everything grows slowly, and majority cause of slow redstone tick. (not sheep in general but excessively large mobile numbers on servers.
  2. I think supporters should be allowed a bigger mob cap of maybe 300.
    gnyctk and AlexChance like this.
  3. I spent over 200k, months of work... And there's a 150 mob caps? Aw man, this sucks D: I approve this message ^ ahaha.
    hayjam, gnyctk and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  4. Then I want it to be fixed as soon as possible, it takes more than 3 days (real days) for all of the wheat in my wheat farm to fully grow even though I have made it hydrated and it's fully lighted up.
  5. What are you talking about?
    On /v 911 I get around 400fps.
    Although i have to agree there is some lag because there are some floating sheep in the lobby.
    I know!
    How about wait no because then it wouldn't be fair.
    I was gonna say how about to go to /v 911 you had to type a command to load the chunks then type /v 911 then when you leave you type a command and it tells the server not to load the chunks until it recieves a command to load it but then it wouldn't be fair because (you know)
  6. This issue could stem from activity in the chunk however. Unlike client side gaming where the entire explored world (generated) is updated continually, server gaming only renders and ticks chunks that are local to your avatar to save on memory usage. With this being said the chunks that house your wheat farm must be active for the wheat to go through the ticks and grow. High mobile counts slow the tick of the server making this process longer still, but if you are at Person X's residence rather than your own, your crops/animals will not mature.
  7. Pro and cons of 911

Pros
    :Free wool
    :people sold said wool to 1783
    :Community aspect

Cons

:Reduces wool prices
    :Lag? (Ive never had any there myself)
    Gap542 and gnyctk like this.
  8. Ok...
  9. Everyone who I have seen commenting on here regards lag, including yourself, has missed the point entirely.
    The localised performance drop in places such as this is partly from server struggling to send the large amounts of data and keep track of all the mobiles, but also due to the hardware the player is using.

This localised performance drop is not what the proposed mob cap in town is set to prevent. This entire thread has developed around a small picture a single residence that people use, the big picture however, the other 1499 residences is what we must set our sights on. There are countless numbers of residences in each server with more than 300 mobiles hidden away in the depth for private or friends use. When all of these 1500 residences, some with few mobs some with lots are added together we experience a sever and very notable reduction in server tick. Most of the players of EMC have become accustom to this slow tick as over time it has been a gradual worsening occurrence, stemming back to the introduction of Eggification and the mechanising of mobile spawners.

911 does not have to shut down as a sheep farm, all that is requested is that it lowers it's mobile numbers to a acceptable level. As I have already stated, with the increased tick of the servers sheep will regrow wool at an accelerated (the actually coded) rate meaning no loss in harvesting.
  10. Indeed, I have seen countless res's with over 1000 mobs, I have a great laptop but understand the server tick issues.. the mob limit is for the greater good and I agree with it, but my post was in regards to the OP.. ultimately the number of mobs server wide needs to fall...
    Gap542 likes this.
  11. im happy to say that 911 is back up agin just less sheep though
  12. Agreed kevin... it's a big loss for us all!
  13. Actually I changed some settings involved with growth and returned it to more vanilla growth rates.. However I think the players enjoyed the faster speeds so I undid that config change (or at least I think I did... it may of simply been due to 1.3.2 update) but I need to push the update to all servers. I'll push the config change to all servers this evening and theyll each get it on their next auto reboot (so expect it updated within 12 hours)
  14. :)
  15. I been looking for a public sheep farm YAY
  16. Is your name Harry potter?
  17. Yes. Yes it is.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. No that's because of craftbukkit ++.
    Here's what it does:
    A lot of larger servers have problems with Craftbukkit, specifically with terrible ticks per second, which causes lag in game, and ruins the PVE and PVP experience for players.

CraftBukkit++ is an optimized build of Craftbukkit, with performance enhancements in mind. These enhancements are all configurable via the bukkit.yml file in your server folder.

I will attempt to keep CraftBukkit++ up to date with the official repository, but a lag of 24 hours is likely.

How CraftBukkit++ works:

Optimized Growth/Decay
    Growth and Decay (Wheat, saplings, leaf decay, etc) are the single biggest tax on servers. For an understanding why, a 15x15 chunk area, with the player at the center is checked for growth each server tick.

Vanilla growth area:

Green squares are chunks checked for growth each tick. That's a lot. And this is per-player.

Modified growth area:

Oh, pretty colors. But what does it mean? The Red chunk (the one the player is standing in) will always experience growth/decay. This means that players won't be surprised by leaves not decaying, etc.

The green chunks show likely growth areas. Instead of always searching nearby chunks, the server only grows/decays in a specific number of chunks each tick. The amount is in your config. If you have 200+ players, I recommend 1000. If you have less, increase that number. More chunks = more lag, but faster growth. You will need to experiment to find a happy medium.

Anyway, likely growth areas *may* grow and decay, but are not certain. They will only grow/decay if the server has enough leftover chunks to check.
  19. Are you Even reading the earlier posts KEVINwelch2001?
  20. yes i am and 911 still open so the question is are you reading my post