Is this dress White/Gold or Black/Blue?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Skalamyr, Feb 26, 2015.

?

Is this White/Gold or Blue/Black?

White/Gold 69 vote(s) 69.0%
Blue/Black 31 vote(s) 31.0%
  1. every image i always see the original one...
    unless someone makes it the color to show what is what
  2. It's blue and black. I voted for white and gold earlier but apparently it has been proven that it is actually blue and black! :eek: But either way, the dress is ugly and I also couldn't care less about it... :rolleyes:
    Gawadrolt and TechNinja_42 like this.
  3. Both of my boys are color deficient in the red and green spectrum (used the fancy medical jargon for it to sound like I know what I am talking about) and both saw white and gold even after I explained it to them and showed them decent pics of the dress. Hubby and I saw blue and black so it could also be an age thing. Dunno. My kids have never had any other issues with their colorblindness except for being unable to pass the color dot tests.
  4. A girl at lunch at school for me today showed me this randomly and asked me what it was. I appropriately responded 7 and walked off.
    Gawadrolt, FDNY21 and Penniopolis like this.
  5. Its ACTUALLY blue and black. I saw it again today and I saw it as black and blue, but now I am back to seeing it as white and gold.
    I don't believe this is the original photo. The original looks more blue
  6. all females i asked said white/gold
    all males said blue/black
    wtf
  7. I've been seeing both. As explained in a previous post, -insert science-y eye jargon here-... It depends on a lot of stuff though, at least for me, when I see it as "white and gold", the "white" has a bluish tint to it. In fact, I've actually seen three different color schemes to it at different times. "white and gold", "blue and black" and a light blue with a brown, actually.
  8. In 24 hours, this dress has destroyed friendships, created feuds, and broken more trust than all wars in history combined.
  9. PenguinDJ likes this.
  10. Really now... you HAD to post this here, too?!?!?!
    .... I see white and gold, but that isn't surprising to me, as I'm near-sighted and so of course my eyes function badly xD
    on another note, if most girls are seeing white/gold, doesn't that mean that the majority of girls have bad eyesight now? cuz you can only see the blue/black if you have 20/20 or better vision...

~I actually see four colors, white, gold, blue, and black--the white has a light blue tinge to me and the gold parts have black highlights. also, if i scroll up and down and look away and back, the image flashes into blue/black for just a split second and then goes back to being white/gold xD so i guess i'm not THAT near-sighted... >.>...
  11. Nearsightedness has nothing to do with it. :) It's all about how your eyes function in dim light. This probably means that most of us white and goldies would probably not do too well in horror movies, but as creatures who normally function in light, it's not so bad. :p I'm guessing that the fact that all the girls in his class saw gold was purely coincidental, as it's been a mix when looked at overall (plus, I can't see any evolutionary adaptation or reason for one gender to have overall better eyesight than the other :p). If I put on my glasses (which "supposedly" give me 20/20 vision or something close) the color doesn't change; it remains gold with perhaps a hint of blue along the white areas. :)
    607 likes this.
  12. I saw gold and white at first, then blue and black, and now I'm stuck seeing white and gold again :p
  13. Oh, i thought nearsightedness had to do with light functioning >.> i'm near-sighted AND i'm very blind in the dark. I thought everyone who's nearsighted functioned like that.

You know what i find interesting? Yahoo news said 70-something % saw white/gold and 20-something% saw blue/black and it's the same results in this poll xDD
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  14. So with videos and explanations, I'm pretty sure we have what the actual color is and the reason for the apparent ambiguity out of the way... I just have one question...

Why do I still see brown and light blue... Is it just like... mixed interpretations or am I bad at colors or what?
  15. Yeah, but the shade of blue is lighter in this picture than in the shop picture.
  16. Wait... so some people actually see blue and black, I discovered... That's really odd!
  17. Yeah, that's what this whole debate has been raging about...
    Something I tried is looking at my screen from an extreme angle. From straight on I swear it's white and gold but from the side I can definitely see blue and black.
  18. I need this thread back... why? because you all keep saying your eyes your eyes your eyes but instead ask your brain and ignore your eyes. it's psyops to see who will believe it is black and blue. It is not black and blue and all you have to do is actually look at the original photo, no modifications(which at this point might be difficult as everyone has posted their own mach up as the original) and it is plainly obvious that nothing about it is blue or black. Also, I wonder who started this all? Perhaps the company that is probably selling dozens of their hideous dresses to people that want to be todays news? hmmmm. Stop with the religion of science stuff, look at whats in front of ya ;-)

edit: everything is a conspiracy XD
  19. I reject your reality and substitute my own! XD
  20. It is science stuff though. It's how your brain sees the light. If you think its natural light (outside) then you see white and gold, if you see black and blue then your brain sees it in an artificial light (by a lamp). Because the photo is only showing the dress and some light the brain changes the colouring.

Science answers everything in time.

EDIT: Found the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskAQwOBvhc
    jkjkjk182 likes this.