Is this dress White/Gold or Black/Blue?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Skalamyr, Feb 26, 2015.

?

Is this White/Gold or Blue/Black?

White/Gold 69 vote(s) 69.0%
Blue/Black 31 vote(s) 31.0%
  1. My friend just texted me about this...I didn't know it was meant to be gold in white so I was so confused when she showed it to me, I thought it was hers lol. If I look at it for a minute or two I can see the white and gold but it is a very clever trick with your retinas and the way you see and the actual color it is :confused:
  2. I see red and green
    AnonReturns and Uber_Corq like this.
  3. That's just the alchohol Ultimamaxx.
    deathconn likes this.
  4. why the heck is this all over the internet now?
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  5. The one on the left is the actual original one.
  6. I swear everywhere I go I am seeing this... :p
  7. I see gold and blue, anyone else?
    Damiensmom11 and WCG_Elite like this.
  8. With Photoshop, I shall attempt to kill all the fun.

I guess both options are wrong. Figures.
  9. Was sitting with my friends today yelling about this for a good portion of the afternoon. Half of us are convinced that the other half is colorblind, and vice versa.
    Very confused.gif
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  10. As a former costuming major, I can tell you that there is no such thing as pure black dye, and that what we perceive as black dyes are composite dyes that are usually very dark shades of red, blue and/or green.. This also causes turmoil on stage (my costuming major included technical theatre as a base). The colors of the gels in the stage lights have to be chosen in regards of the costuming being used so as not cause awkward and unintentional color shifts. So the black dye on the lace is being affected by whatever lighting is available which seems to be florescent lighting, which causes awkward color shifts of its own, likely had high traces of copper or zinc oxide to give off the "golden" hue under the present lighting.. <,< ..I can also tell that the lighting is florescent by the blue-shift on the white material.. :p
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  11. tbh, I see gold and a faded blue

(and I am almost 0% colorblind - I took multiple vision tests, cause my mom and half of her side of the family is total colorblind - so I know my eye-site with distinguishing colours is fine)

This site may help determine if you have trouble determining colours:
    http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge
  12. It is really gold, there's hardly any blue in it...
  13. Seems gold and blue to me...
  14. It's pink/purple, duh
  15. i have always seen blue and gold. ive seen the picture several times and each time its blue and gold for me.
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.