Is the economy of emc dying?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by Nuttyknight42, Jan 10, 2020.

?

Is the economy dying on emc

This poll will close on Feb 10, 2020 at 3:16 PM.
The plane still in the air! 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Yes please! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Maybe 2 vote(s) 16.7%
No 5 vote(s) 41.7%
The ship sank! 4 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Nuttyknight42 here and I was just wondering if the economy is dying?

Leave a comment of want you think and, or vote.
  2. So like... I'm the least knowledgeable person about EMC specific because due to private reasons Aya and myself totally missed the EMC Holiday season. I feel kinda bad, but there's that.

Question: how does an economy "die"?

In the most basic sense of the word it's people exchanging goods for currency which (hopefully) attracts more interest for said goods (in either a productive or consuming way) and that can boost an economy. The thing is though: within this given example what counts for 'economy' is not the trade itself. It's "people are willing to exchange currency for items" and/or "people are willing to exchange items for currency".

"Economy" as a whole is the fact that people are willing to do so.

Something tells me players are still willing to trade for promos :D

As such, the economy lives...

"The dark side of the economy is a pathway to many opportunities some consider to be unfavourable..."

ok, ok, I'll stop now :rolleyes:
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  3. It has simply slowed, a reflection of the number of players active atm
  4. It hasn't died, but it's certainly shifted focus. There's very little demand for raw materials, and the majority of the market is now dominated by promo sales.
  5. Everything is 2r..... 2r is All, All is 2r...
  6. I think its 1r now lol
  7. I always thought the economy has been dead for a long time. If anything, it's more apparent now than it was when I began saying that over a year and a half ago.