Is anyone else concerned about the Empires Updates effects on the economy?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by AdinD, Apr 24, 2017.

1. You guys know you don't have to purchase the teleportation perk. You can stay in the stone age if you want. Like I said previously my rail will still get used but mainly for visitors.
    607, ShelLuser and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  2. Regarding farm drops and the economy, Empires will make it easier to bring items to Town, but players will still have to acquire them in the first place just like they always have. Most players who are interested in building farms already do it in spite of the trip to Town. A shorter trip will encourage players to bring drops into Town that they might ordinarily dispose of but their quantity over time will be governed by monotony and price.

In regards to Nether rails I have been thinking of Empires in terms of infrastructure changes that will need to be made. Being able to teleport to and from an Empire will allow us to reuse the Rail items we've had tied up for travel to and from Town for interconnecting different areas within an Empire as well as peripheral areas outside of it instead if we wish.

We only have hints regarding the cost and other details so far, but I expect two or more outpost groups may want to pool their resources to gain a teleport hub to connect to. We might have to choose one of the locations to be the "capital", or perhaps we might be allowed to request a teleport location that is located centrally between the participating outposts. Possibly we could even move the location as interest in one outpost of an Empire fades and another gains popularity.

Most of us aren't here just to Mine and Craft, but also to design and build. However Empires turns out I think many of us will come to view this as an invitation and challenge rather than a waste.
  3. Did I miss something? My outpost is a 12 minute cart ride once you get to the station. There's a way to lock down the rail?
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  4. Maybe if you put "protected" blocks around it so no one can get to it. But this was from it seems that there may be a way to tp to your outpost with empires. Which kind of takes away the need. ...however, i believe only those who are part of an outpost can tp to it so visitors and stuff now may be able to use old rail systems to venture out.
    607 likes this.
  5. Hope that's not true or I've wasted the last year.
  6. emc has checks and balances against massive afk farms, you can only go so big if you exceed the limit you usually lag the whole server out
  7. Don't consider it good or bad, just different. We will all be in the same boat. Change can be different and scary sometimes but if you give it chance you will adapt and get used to it.
    BlitzAttack, PetezzaDawg and mjnoe70 like this.
  8. Just Empires talk about having the ability to tp to and from an established outpost... But I believe that perk will cost some tokens.

Yeah, there was mention of a tp list that people can be added to and from.. Flags for your outpost like that of your town plot...

Which is why I'll keep my rails for visitors... Saves me the time from adding and removing names from the tp list...
    ShelLuser likes this.