Is anyone else concerned about the Empires Updates effects on the economy?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by AdinD, Apr 24, 2017.

1. With the new update you'll be able to teleport to your outpost... this is going to make transferring items from farms stupidly easy and allow farmed items to floor the economy. It will drop prices on most items farmable only in the wild. It could eliminate the use of normally farming stuff since it's res to res transportation, essentially.

Anyone else not a fan of teleporting for this reason?
  2. Hm it seems I havnt read up on all the info for the update... is there a link to more info by chance?
    cubefragment and mjnoe70 like this.
  3. cubefragment and mjnoe70 like this.
  4. Im not worried because supply wont become faster for this materials, the drop occurred with shulker boxes, and i doubt that farms can produce 27SC every X seconds
    BlitzAttack and mjnoe70 like this.
  5. The biggest reason I, and a good amount of people I know don't want to build a massive afk farm is because transferring 100s of DCs of items is so annoying. I could (soon) go out to my double blaze grinder (which we just finished) and instantly teleport with the items to sell. I could do this over and over transferring 100s more chests full than usual.
  6. I'm in favour of teleportation. My outpost is quite the distance away, and for me and some of my members, if this planned feature were to be decided against, it'd be devastating.
  7. Mass Farmed items are already floored and not worth much anyways....

They are not an indicator of "The economy". You ignore them when looking at economic health.
  8. Very interesting AdinD, I hadn't thought of the economics of this and how it may be impacted. It seems to me that farmed stuff is already cheap for selling and hard to sell even at really low prices. Though like everything the economy eventually adjust to it. The interesting thing of Minecraft and economy is the supplies for almost everything is unlimited. Certain things become harder, even in EMC as time goes on but even though people have more rupees in general inflation really dose not occur except on rare and harder to get items. this type of change would probably crush the farming/food markets pretty heavily.

Though for some players this may not be as big of impact as many players may stay in the wilderness normally anyway and even with the changes. ...but I do think it may change some peoples habits. With the new spawn portals I would prefer this be left out but I'm but one voice in the wind. I would see it as cool if "established" outposts (kingdoms) maybe allowed mail or chat to town, but probably much harder to do than even a tp would be.

On a non-economy side, I spent quite a bit of time making an under ocean rail system to get back and forth to have that eliminated by the teleport also. I mean, yes, nice in ways but takes some of the creativity and effort to really want to be in and part of a wilderness community. I can see ups and downs to that though.
    607 and cubefragment like this.
  9. I have the same thing. Built a 12,000 block nether rail to my farm. With teleportation, I'll be able to get there instantly which is very convenient but it will make my mass farming too easy.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  10. I guess partially, by those items would go down even more and items that aren't as "farmed" will be easier to farm. Wastelands already explored? Just make an outpost 100,000 out and teleport every 3,000 blocks for rarer stuff like temples and mansions. It feels too easy in my opinion and removed the survival aspect.

I understand how much easier it is and how nice of a feature (I have many outposts my self and this would be useful) but the broader image of it just isn't appealing to me.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  11. The main reason is to re-unite Outposts members with the Town.

Right now they are removed from a huge aspect of the server, because your encouraged to go far away from any outpost, but that makes the concept of returning to town even harder.

Also, every wastelands still has fresh resources a mere 500-1k blocks from the outpost.

You know what's going to happen when everything's done (and they should do)?
    People are going to leave their outpost and go to the wastelands to collect resources, then bring it back to their Empire.

Keep the Frontier beautiful, especially at your Outpost!
  12. Which, as an outpost owner, I think is going to be awesome.

But didn't shulker boxes already do that? Using an ender chest I can transport 27 shulker boxes without any risk. So basically 13DC's and one single chest worth of stuff. Which is excluding my own inventory space.

Taking a little more risk I can use llama's (which can honestly be quite effective) and expand my item transportation capabilities even further. Ride a donkey or mule (also filled up), drag a caravan of llama's behind you (filled with shulker boxes) and you can transport enormous amounts of items.

Now, in all honestly I didn't really kept myself up to speed with the developments so I can only speculate about details and such. But if there's one thing I've learned about EMC and many of its new (now old ;)) features is that the staff always tries to preserve a good gaming balance.

Like /gtp not working when you've been in a fight so that you can't abuse that to run away from a threat for example.

So yeah, we might be able to instantly teleport, but an interesting question will be: at what costs?
  13. As far as Survival, look at Elytras, Ender Chests and Shulker Boxes.

Mojang has removed the survival from survival, nothing we can do about it....

And even without those, railways also provided risk free travel too.

It's no different than someone setting up a base 1k from a Wastelands OP, and having a quick travel point back to Town.
    Moonglum_, benthebobjr, 607 and 6 others like this.
  14. That makes more sense, thanks (Also, on the resources I was referring to rarer non respawning stuff like mansions).

The biggest problem I have was the time it takes to travel back. Even to my farm 12,000 out it takes ~5 minutes just on the boat trip each way, costing a total of 18 minutes of travel back and forth (not including loading items). Honestly, I love the elytra update/echest/shulker update and I can see where you're coming from with this.

The biggest thing for me was the travel time. Read my response to Aikar's message above this quote^

I guess the positives outweigh the negatives and it's worth the risk of some economic changes for the upgrade to teleportation.
    ShelLuser, cubefragment and mjnoe70 like this.
  15. I don't quite agree on these, but I see many reasons for an against this from both sides. Its obvious that longer term players (as I consider myself new to both EMC and Minecraft) are asking for ways to remain involved in all things EMC has to offer. I see it great for doing things like events in town, though I think that when comparing a teleport to rail ssytem there was much effort in the build of a rail to an outpost 7k from one of the spawn points and doing a single command. First I had to build that which will be eliminated from game play. Also with the prior, I had to really work to get everything together for the travel and work out what to put in my pack, shulkers, end chests and so on. This takes some of the sting out of "oops I forgot" but also removes an aspect of the game differences in wild vs town. Good or bad is likely going to depend on each person to answer.

A side question, why do we need more spawn points if you can tp anywhere? Should we not just have spawn at say 0,0 so we can just go back and forth to that single spot rather than creating even more?
    cubefragment likes this.
  16. Not particularly, no.
    Carbonyx, 607, cubefragment and 3 others like this.
  17. That is what I have, my outpost is around 5-10 minutes rail cart journey from town meaning I can transport all my materials quickly. I see no problem with allowing the teleportation
    cubefragment and mjnoe70 like this.
  18. Can we? I'm not too sure about that to be honest. Just like you can prevent players from coming onto your residence I'm pretty sure that outpost owners / members will be able to prevent strangers from teleporting to those as well.
    SUPERI0N and mjnoe70 like this.
  19. This may be true also, I can' answer that but it was a little different than my question. I just recall reading that there were going to be more "spawn out posts" created further away from the current spawn points. Why do we need those if someone can just tp to 200000, 70, 200000 or -200000, 70, -200000 as examples. They can also instantly tp back to spawn. So why do we need more "physical" spawn locations when now all we really need i the main one at 0,65,0 as an example. I may be missing the "how to create" a spawn to point, which if we can't use coords and it is only one a base is established and approved, then I understand more.
  20. The rail systems that have been built don't need to be eliminated. I know for me, I may open my rail system up for visitors. So that I don't need to keep adding and removing names from a teleport flag.